We closed the door, pressed “Start”, and instead of taking water, the DE code appeared on the display. Basically, this error appears at the beginning of the wash. What to do? What does DE error mean in LG washing machine? How to fix the problem yourself? You will find answers to all these questions in this article.
Error DE means that the washing machine door is not closed or the hatch lock does not work. The main cause of the malfunction is the hatch blocking device (UBL), but the hinges, handle, latch hook, or control module may also be faulty.
On LG washing machines without a display, the DE code is indicated: all temperature indicators, washing mode and rinse are flashing or lit at the same time. Such signals indicate that the hatch door is not closed.
See also - PF error in LG washing machine — what to do, how to decipher?
How to fix the error yourself
It would seem that the cause of the malfunction is known and it is enough to close the hatch more tightly. Often, such actions are enough and the problem disappears. Otherwise, the malfunction occurs for a more serious reason:
- Breakage of the latch hook, sunroof locking device
- Displacement spring or clamp, sunroof locking devices
- Malfunction of the electronic sensor of the sunroof lock device
- Washing machine control board malfunction
The most common causes of the error are listed here, other lesser-known breakdowns are possible, and for their exact determination, it is recommended to call a specialist.
In cases where a DE code occurs, it is recommended to carry out a series of sequential actions that can help get rid of the error on your own.
- To begin with, it is worth checking the tightness of the closing of the hatch, perhaps it is not closed. To do this, you just need to press it harder.
- You should also inspect the entire door for external obstructions.
- Inspect the hatch door from the inside, clothing may have fallen between the loading hatch and the drum and prevent it from closing tightly. You should also pay attention to the latch tab, perhaps there are objects on it that prevent closing.
- Check the hatch door for distortions, if they are found, it is necessary to tighten the side hinges.
- If none of the above is found or does not help, you should perform a complete reboot of the washing machine. To do this, follow these steps in sequence: open the hatch, unplug the machine from the mains by pulling the plug out of the socket, wait 15–20 minutes, then reconnect the machine and close the hatch.
If after performing the above steps the error persists, then it makes sense to consider other causes of the malfunction.
Faults requiring repair
Use the following table to determine the cause of the error:
|Description of the problem||Cause of error||Solution|
|The hatch door does not close completely and is not fixed.||Latch hook badly worn or broken||Replacing an element|
|The door closes and locks, but the machine does not start the washing program.||The locking device is out of order||Replacing an element|
|In the wash, rinse or spin mode, the washing machine stopped working and gave a DE error. There is a burning smell.||Faulty control module. Most often, the microcircuit “suffers” due to burnout of contacts during power surges or due to water ingress into electronics.||It is necessary to remove the front panel by dismantling the upper part of the machine. Then take out the board. Damaged places are immediately visible — they turn black, the caps of the capacitors become convex, traces of breaks are visible. If a defective part is found, it is soldered, and a new one is installed in its place.|
|The handle does not work and the door does not lock.||Handle breakage||Replacing an element|
|The hatch door does not close and there is a skew||Hinge wear||Hinge adjustment or complete replacement|
Malfunctions in the operation of the washing machine are not excluded from its life cycle. Therefore, in the event of a common error, people who read this article will be fully able to determine the cause of the inconvenience and will often be able to correct themselves. But it’s always better to avoid an error than to fix it. So do not forget about the rules of operation and respect.