Dishwashers today have settled in almost every home, because since their invention they have been able to prove themselves perfectly. Now, even after family feasts, you can easily wash all the dishes at the same time, without being involved in the washing process. Dishwashers, which are currently on the market for household appliances, are quite economical because they consume a small amount of water and electricity. Most models are compact and ergonomic, so they can fit even in a small kitchen. In addition, such devices are simple and convenient to use, and their price always remains affordable. The task of any consumer is the correct operation and maintenance, so that the service life of the equipment is as long as possible. So how to clean the dishwasher at home and what is needed for this?
How do you know when it’s time to clean your dishwasher?
If you want the equipment to work flawlessly, then certain cleaning work will have to be done regularly, and most importantly, in a timely manner. At home, this is not as difficult as it might seem at first glance, and you can also use ordinary inexpensive detergents. It is highly desirable for prevention after each start to wipe all internal and external surfaces with a damp cloth with soapy water. Special attention should be paid to the device door and control panel. After the procedure, it is necessary to walk on the surface with a dry cloth or napkin.
Dishwasher care includes cleaning the filter of food or grease at least three times a month. The shower blades are washed depending on the pollution, and if they begin to spin poorly, then it is worth cleaning the axis. About every six months, you need to thoroughly clean the door seals, this may require a special tool, and you can find it in the same store where you purchased your kitchen appliances.
See also - Innovative Fairy products for dishwashers
What improvised means are suitable for cleaning dishwashers?
Each consumer paid attention to the range of professional household appliances care products, especially their cost, which can sometimes be quite high. However, improvised means that can be found in every home can be no less high-quality in cleaning and effective, so it is imperative to use them. For high-quality cleaning, we need cellulose towels or regular wipes, baking soda, vinegar, and an old toothbrush.
- Pour vinegar and water into a large container, about one to two glasses. We also put all the baskets and other removable elements there and wash them thoroughly, after which we wipe them dry.
- We inspect all the shower blades and small holes through which water enters the machine. Often these parts become clogged with grease or other food particles, such contamination is best removed with tweezers or a toothpick.
- It is also worth paying attention to the axis on which the blades are located, it may be contaminated with food or fat residues.
- Now you need to rinse the filter, since a large amount of debris usually accumulates at the bottom of the device. It must be removed with napkins, and then wipe everything with a solution of vinegar. It will remove the formed salts and disinfect.
- The door should also be given special attention: first wipe the ends with a solution of vinegar, and also use a toothbrush for hard-to-reach places. In addition, heavily soiled areas can be wiped with soda paste.
See also - Choosing a Compact Countertop Dishwasher
How to clean the dishwasher from scale? This unpleasant plaque not only looks unattractive, but also significantly affects the operation of equipment. The first thing that happens to the machine is a large consumption of energy, since it will now take more time to heat the water. If the dishwasher could not be saved from this trouble, then you can clean it not only with expensive products from the store, but also with improvised ones — citric acid or vinegar. This can be done in two ways and you will notice the cleaning effect immediately.
- Pour two cups of vinegar into the bottom of the device and turn on the water heating. In the middle of the cycle, you will need to take a half-hour pause, and then continue it.
- If for some reason you cannot use vinegar, take citric acid, about 200–400 grams, and pour it into a special detergent tray, then turn on the highest temperature and long cycle time.
Remember to carefully monitor the cleaning process, as large plaque particles will need to be removed from the device in time to avoid damage.
Remove foreign odors
Caring for a dishwasher is easy if you know how to do it right. Another nuisance that can await modern housewives is the unpleasant smell of mold, and mold itself. If you began to notice such manifestations, then you need to take action instantly, since these fungi expand almost instantly. At home, you can do the following:
- Rinse all parts of the dishwasher to remove grease with a good cleaning agent, then wipe dry and leave open overnight to air out.
- You can also use ordinary bleach — take a small amount and run the cycle without appliances, but you should be very careful with such household chemicals.
Cleaning the drain hole
The drain hole is that hard-to-reach place into which various debris and food remains now and then get into. Therefore, it is necessary to monitor its cleanliness very carefully. In order to perform all the necessary manipulations, you need to turn off the power supply and remove the cover. All the debris that has accumulated there can be carefully removed with a napkin, preventing it from getting into the drain hole itself. If the dirt is very intense, then place a cloth soaked in a solution with a cleaning agent around the drain. You can immediately carry out the prevention of blockages, for this you need baking soda and vinegar. Pour them into the drain, close the lid and start the device without appliances.
Now you know exactly how to clean the dishwasher at home, and you can easily cope with this fairly simple task. Timely care and strict observance of all the rules of use will significantly extend the life of your household appliances. So you can insure yourself for a long time against unexpected breakdowns and costly repairs. Do not be afraid to use improvised products, they can be just as effective as expensive household chemicals. However, it is simple products like vinegar and soda that will be much safer than store-bought ones, especially if there is a child in the house. By the way, all household appliances, and not just a dishwasher, require careful attitude and careful care.