We loaded the laundry, started the washing program, and after a while we noticed that the LG washing machine stopped and gave a PF error on the display. What to do? What does PF error mean? How to fix the problem? You will find answers to all these questions in this article.
The PF code means that during the execution of the program, most likely there was a jump or a power outage in the apartment or in the whole house. Basically, the problem of the PF error should not be looked for in the technique itself. If this error appeared on the scoreboard only once, then you can ignore this. The reappearance of the error indicates that the problem is still in the washing machine.
If a PF error occurs:
- on any specific program every wash;
- on any program during washing;
- constantly without a noticeable pattern.
See also - LG washing machine gives an error IE, 1E — how does it stand for?
Malfunctions that do not require the intervention of a master
- Washing machine connected incorrectly. It is necessary to check the correct connection of equipment. The socket must be separate and with a separate machine. It is strongly not recommended to connect the washing machine to extension cords and sockets that are designed for other household appliances. The washing machine is very capricious, so you should follow all the rules for its installation and operation.
- Damage to the power cord or plug. In most cases, this means that the cord and plug should be replaced. It is advisable to do this as soon as possible.
- Fault on the control board. Unplug the washing machine for 15 minutes and then plug it back in using the START/PAUSE commands. If it was a failure, then the error on the scoreboard will disappear.
- Mains voltage. The mains voltage may have dropped. This needs to be checked.
- Loose wire connections. It is necessary to check the entire chain of wires. Maybe the contact is lost and therefore the error lights up on the scoreboard.
The main causes of the malfunction
|Symptoms of an Error||Probable cause||Repair or replacement|
|The washing machine abruptly turns off during operation, rinsing or spinning, and the PF error lights up on the display.||Control board failed||Most often, the module can be repaired: you can replace burned-out elements, solder the contacts and tracks on the chip.
It is rare that a control module needs to be replaced.
|The PF error crashes on the scoreboard and at any stage of washing and the washing machine freezes.||Problems with the wiring from the noise filter to the control board. Contact is lost due to vibration.||Twist frayed wires and isolate or completely replace the cable.|
|During washing, the machine knocks out, and after turning on, a PF error appears on the display.||The heating element (heater) is defective. It closes to the body of the washing machine, and knocks out the machine.||Replacement of the tubular electric heater (TEN) is required|
If you were unable to solve the problem with the washing machine on your own and the PF error still pops up on the electronic display, then you should contact a specialist.