We started the LG washing machine, it took in water, started to rotate the drum and stopped, and the error code LE appeared on the display. Moreover, the drum does not spin on all the programs: “Rinse, Wash, Spin”. What is the reason? Let’s try to figure out what still causes the LE error and how to fix the breakdown yourself, if possible.
The LE error tells us that for some reason the motor has blocked. Usually this error notifies that there are some problems in the electrical network (external or internal), due to which the motor is blocked.
Do not confuse LE and 1E errors, they have completely different meanings.
See also - What does UE error mean on LG washing machine
In what cases can you fix it yourself
- The door is not tightly closed. An unlocked door does not complete the circuit, which tells the equipment that the program cannot start. Try to re-open and firmly press the hatch until a characteristic click;
- UBL contacts have gone. To check the health of this element, it is necessary to remove the top cover from the washing machine, check the wires and contacts. If they just moved away, then you can independently connect back. However, if the wire is broken or frayed, it is better to contact the master;
- Failure in the control unit. Sometimes it happens due to power surges or other reasons, which indicates probable overloads of equipment. For debugging, it is necessary to disconnect the washing machine from the power supply for about a quarter of an hour. During this time, the electronic controller must resume its functions;
- Machine overload. Most often occurs when using the “Silk”, “Wool”, “Hand wash” modes. The LE error appears during the spin period, when the appliance is unable to cope with the weight of the laundry, more than the allowable norm. You can resume work by stopping the program, removing part of the laundry in a separate container, restarting from the spin operation. The remaining things should be placed for the same operation in the second run;
- Blocking the drum with foreign objects. During the washing process, a button, a bone from a bra, another small hard part can come off things, keys, a key chain and similar small items that have not been removed from pockets in advance can fall out. They can get between the drum and the housing close to it and mechanically block the drum. Turn off the machine and try to turn the drum in different directions by hand. If the drum does not rotate, then it is necessary to disassemble the tank and remove the blocking object.
- Unstable voltage of the electrical network. For the correct operation of the equipment, a stable voltage is required, therefore, if it decreases for a short time, the machine may respond with an LE error. A voltage stabilizer will help fix the problem.
Accompanying a PF error with an LE code indicates a power outage. Even when fixing errors by rebooting the machine, it is better to take care of purchasing a stabilizer.
Faults requiring repair
There are some types of breakdowns that will be technically difficult to fix with the help of ingenuity and improvised means, and it is better to entrust this work to the master. The table shows the malfunctions that could cause the LE error to appear on the display of the LG washing machine.
|Breaking||signs||The reasons||What to do|
Mechanical damage to the handle or lock
|It is impossible to close the door of the device, an unusual shaky movement of the hatch handle is felt in the hand. Broken plastic or metal parts.||The presence of mechanical damage in the lock or handle, contact is broken in the UBL circuit.||Replace damaged parts of the lock system, handle or wires of the control unit.|
Damaged UBL wiring
|The door does not lock despite no visible damage.||In the wiring, most likely there was a break in the contact by rubbing the wires, disconnecting the contacts in the UBL block.||Check the wires going to the UBL device using a multitester. If the wires are worn out, the cable needs to be replaced.|
|The sunroof closes but does not lock.||UBL broke.||Replace the UBL with a good one.|
Faulty tachogenerator (speed sensor)
|There is no rotation of the drum, which is accompanied by a strong rumble of equipment.||The tachogenerator, which controls the speed of rotation of the motor in the washing machine, is out of order. Most likely one of the Hall sensors in it has broken.||Check the serviceability of the tachogenerator, the resistors and Hall sensors included in it. Replace broken parts.|
Burnt motor winding
|The washing machine does not start at all, the drum does not spin.||One of the motor windings burned out.||Depending on the nature of the fault, it may be necessary to replace the entire motor or just the stator if only one winding is damaged.|
Faulty control unit
|The washing process stops at any stage, regardless of the type of the current program.||There is a defect in the electronic controller (control module).||Remove the control module and check the degree of its malfunction. If possible, this part is repaired if the resistors are burned out, other individual elements, contacts and tracks require soldering.
In the event of severe melting or processor failure, a complete replacement of the unit is required.
The LE error is typical for LG direct drive washing machines. Most often, it appears on the display simultaneously with the freezing of the program. At the same time, when the washer is turned off, the drum scrolls freely by hand. But during operation, rumbling sounds are made, strong vibration is felt, the drum does not work at full speed, or it stops moving altogether. If you doubt your skills, it is better to entrust the work to the master so as not to aggravate the problem.