Even the most neat and clean owners, who treat household appliances very carefully, have unwanted pollution on the TV screen. Accumulated dust, accidental fingerprints and other contaminants must be removed sooner or later. If you do not follow certain rules for the care of the LCD monitor, then the life of digital equipment will be significantly reduced. To avoid loss of color saturation, an excellent visual image, you need to follow simple rules for caring for the LCD screen. Consider the most popular ways to effectively clean the surface of the TV, as well as options for products that are strictly forbidden to wipe plasma and LCD TVs. Due to poor-quality care of the screen, scratches, cloudy spots, unnecessary glare appear, spoiling the comfortable viewing of bright contrast frames. To stop cleaning the monitor is to spoil the excellent visibility of the screen in advance. After all, due to the accumulation of dust from a static charge of electricity, it significantly degrades image quality.
You already have a plasma or LCD TV at home, or just planning the appropriate purchase, it is advisable to get acquainted with how to properly clean it without causing any harm to the thin screen coating.
Effective Screen Care Techniques
So that LCD and plasma TVs, consisting of several layers that are sensitive to aggressive cleaning, do not lose color contrast, you should listen to the opinion of manufacturers of modern technology. Professionals advise cleaning only with products specially designed for this purpose.
Consider the most popular ways:
- Moistened wipes. They can wipe plasma panels and LED surfaces. Moistened wipes effectively clean the surface, do not contain abrasive substances, alcohol additives that can damage the screen, and also remove static electricity.
- Set of dry and wet wipes. They have an antistatic effect, ideally cope with any dirt, and dry wipes absorb moisture and prevent streaks and streaks on plasma and LCD screens.
- Dry soft lint-free wipes — they are used to remove dust from the LCD screen. In order to remove other types of contaminants, it is necessary to apply special cleaning agents (aerosols, gels).
- Microfiber cloths do a good job with greasy stains, fingerprints, settled dust. If necessary, it can be moistened with a cleaning agent or plain water. Microfiber fabric perfectly absorbs excess moisture without leaving scratches.
- Aerosols, gels, foams. The composition of cleaning products does not include alcohol and substances with allergens. By using an antistatic spray or foam, the entire surface of the screen is covered with a layer that reduces static charge. The cleaning agent is first applied to a microfiber cloth or soft cloth, then the LCD screen is wiped.
- The best option for high-quality care of equipment is considered to be a kit that includes a cleaning agent in a bottle, a microfiber cloth, and an antistatic brush. The kit necessarily includes instructions for use, sometimes there are additional accessories for more thorough use.
In this way, you can wipe not only the TV, but also any type of monitor, for example, a tablet, computer or laptop. Choose a tool based on your own preferences and budget.
See also - How to clean your TV remote control
Unsuitable Substances for Cleaning the TV Screen
The use of substances suitable for cleaning and cleaning in everyday life is completely unsuitable for cleaning LCD panels. All kinds of solvents, cleaning agents with abrasive particles, ammonia, acetone containing solutions, gasoline and ethyl alcohol adversely affect the screen. Wiping the panel with the following substances is hopelessly ruining the equipment:
- Ordinary wet wipes for hygiene needs contain harmful substances that leave streaks.
- In disposable napkins, towels are dense particles that scratch the surface.
- Alcohol solutions easily dissolve the anti-reflective coating. As a result, small cracks will appear.
- Food or caustic soda, washing powder spoil a thin layer of a covering.
- Products used in the kitchen or bathroom, for washing dishes, windows or tiles contain acetone or ammonia, so their use has an extremely unpleasant effect on liquid crystal panels.
- For your own safety, unplug the appliance. An extinguished, dark monitor will give out all traces of pollution, they will be better visible, which will contribute to their rapid cleansing.
- A soft, lint-free cloth is great for picking up dust.
- Pressing, scraping, scratching with nails, various objects is prohibited due to the fragility of the anti-reflective coating.
- Do not spray directly onto the contaminated surface, not onto a lint-free or microfiber cloth. Make sure to keep it moisturized, but not too wet.
- In a room with good lighting, cleaning is much more convenient.
- Connect to the mains only after the surface of the TV has completely dried.
It is not enough to wipe the TV panel, it is necessary to carefully care for the entire body, do not allow dust to accumulate on the entire surface.