Regardless of the brand of the washing machine, its breakdown can be an unexpected and unpleasant surprise for any owner of a washing machine, as well as for other manufacturers. In this article we will talk about a specific breakdown, namely the breakdown and replacement of the bearing. We will tell you about what are the signs that indicate a malfunction of this unit, and how the bearing is replaced in the Atlant washing machine.
It is easy to understand that it is the bearing that has broken and the washing machine needs to be repaired, it is enough to listen to the sound, if it is faulty, you will hear an unnatural knock that intensifies during the spinning process. There is another way to check, namely, it is necessary to rotate the drum by hand, and if it breaks, you will feel a slight backlash.
In no case should you postpone the replacement of the bearing, since prolonging the problem can lead to more serious breakdowns, and the repair of washing machines will cost you a decent amount, it will be much easier to buy a new machine. Let’s move on to the instructions for replacing the bearings in the washing machine with your own hands. This washing machine repair is not a complicated manipulation.
Preparing for a replacement
First you need to prepare a number of tools that should always be at hand during the replacement of the bearing, namely:
- hammer with a blunt chisel;
- screwdrivers, both types (flat and Phillips);
- wrenches and socket wrenches for 19 and 12 mm, and a set of hex keys;
Among other things, you will also need consumables:
- grease for bearings;
- WD-40 lubricant;
- bearing seal;
- a new set of bearings (replacement parts must be original of the same model, you can find them in any company store or order online).
See also - The switched off washing machine draws water — what to do?
Tank removal instructions
Now we will tell you how to replace bearings. In most Atlant washing machines, the tank compartment is removed through the top of the machine, which complicates the task a bit. The dismantling steps will be as follows:
- take out the powder hopper;
- disconnect the top cover of the washing machine from the fasteners;
- remove the front panel, carefully as there is a control panel;
- unscrew the counterweight plate from the fasteners and remove it.
- unscrew the screws, and dismantle the water supply hose together with the powder receiving compartment;
- now you need to disconnect the pipes;
- remove the back cover and disconnect the hoses and all wiring from the heating element and the engine;
- remove the lower shock absorbers of the tank;
- carefully remove the control unit;
- remove all drain and supply hoses;
- dismantle cuffs;
- grasp the springs and pull the tank compartment up.
Bearing Replacement Instructions
Now it remains only to dismantle the old bearing, and install a new one, it all looks like this:
- remove the front counterweight;
- unscrew the bolts that hold the front of the tank;
- turn the tank upside down, that is, with the pulley up, and unscrewing the bolt in the center, then remove the pulley and belt;
- after which the drum can be safely pulled out of the tank, which we do;
- now, using chisels, knock out both bearings;
- after dismantling the two bearings, the seating area for new parts must be thoroughly cleaned. This is exactly what WD-40 grease was for, when you remove all the dirt, wipe this place dry;
- now carefully install both bearings, first the outer and then the inner, hammering them with light hammer blows;
- from the inside, install the oil seal after lubricating it. It will prevent water from entering the bearing itself.
The replacement is complete, it remains only to assemble everything in the reverse order. However, before that, it is advisable to look at other details of the main compartment of the washing machine, and make sure they do not need to be changed or cleaned, such as a descaling heater and other little things.
We told you about how the bearing is replaced in the Atlant washing machine, this operation is not so complicated. However, if you do not want to repair the washing machine yourself, or are afraid of damaging something during the replacement, it is recommended to call specialists who will do everything quickly and efficiently.