Dishwashers from Electrolux are a fairly common phenomenon in Russia. Despite the high quality of components and assembly of the Electrolux dishwasher, it, like other units and devices, can break down and requires utmost attention and prevention. Before proceeding with repairs, it is necessary to diagnose problems, identify typical problems and learn about existing repair methods. In this article, we will try to tell you about how to repair Electrolux dishwashers and other subtleties associated with this process.
Consider the main breakdowns of machines
Most dishwashers supplied to the Russian market are produced in Poland and account for about 90%. The quality of their components and assembly can be compared with similar units of German and Swedish companies, however, as they say, you don’t have to choose. Most experts highlight the following advantages of household appliances manufactured by Electrolux:
- all components are made exclusively from high quality raw materials;
- the development of circulation pumps was approached really reasonably, they had a high working resource;
- the manufacturer is sensitive to small details, such as: wires, clamps, terminals, rubber bands and filters, which in turn has increased the period of trouble-free operation of the dishwasher.
Particularly critical disadvantages during the operation of the dishwasher were not found, they alone, like everyone else, are characterized by typical breakdowns, from which it is quite difficult to protect themselves. Here is a list of them below:
- clogging of drain and fill pipes;
- failures in the water intake program;
- problems with the quality of washing dishes;
- TEN (heating element) does not heat the water enough.
See also - Dishwasher won’t dry dishes or heat water
Fill and drain pipes
Drain and fill pipes can become clogged not only in Electrolux dishwashers, this is a common problem with these units. The speed at which they will clog depends on the quality of the water, the content of minerals and metals in the water. This is due to the fact that they settle on the walls, after which they simply clog them.
In case of detection of this breakdown, the repair will be a fairly simple process. You will need to clean the clogged filter, after which we recommend that you perform this operation regularly so as not to run into a problem in the future. The use of chemicals such as “Calgon” does not in any way prevent the formation of plaque on the filter and nozzles. It only protects internal components.
If you have rather hard water, you need to monitor the dishwasher more carefully and clean the above parts more often. How exactly to produce it?
- turn off the water with a tee tap;
- disconnect the inlet hose together with the flow filter on both sides from the tee tap and dishwasher;
- dismantle a small flow filter from the dishwasher body (it is located at the beginning of the inlet path, where the inlet hose is installed);
- clean and then rinse the hose together with the filters with running water;
- assemble the device.
It is worth noting that when installing a dishwasher, some do not install a flow filter directly between the tee tap and the hose. In this situation, only one filter will be clogged, the one that is installed at the beginning of the filler pipe.
Much more often, the pipes and hoses of the drain track, garbage filters are clogged. Experts recommend users to carry out periodic inspections of these spare parts, at least once every two months. In the case when the dishwasher is used intensively, namely several times a day, the check must be done every 1–1.5 months. In order to protect nodes from clogging, you must adhere to the following simple rules:
- Before placing the dishes inside the unit, use a paper towel to remove large food residues.
- Use only high-quality detergents, or make them yourself.
- Check the container in which the regenerating salts are located, it should never reach a critical level.
- After each washing process, visually inspect the garbage filters and, if necessary, clean them.
Heating element problems
If you notice that the water in the dishwasher does not heat up enough, then most likely there is a problem with the heating element, or with the temperature sensor or other control modules. Electrolux dishwashers are quite sensitive to voltage fluctuations, as well as to its glut. What can this lead to?
In the best case, you will get off with a blown fuse, in the worst case, several triacs of the control board may burn out. After this, the control module simply will not be able to send signals to the heating element, or it will do it with a delay or perform incorrectly. Repair of the arisen malfunctions rather time-consuming and expensive task, you need:
- disassemble the dishwasher in half in order to get to the TEN;
- check the integrity of the wires going to the heater and measure the resistance with a multimeter;
- check the details of the control module, in case of a malfunction, replace with a new one.
We would like to note that in order to protect household appliances and other devices from power surges, you can use a voltage stabilizer, which is purchased separately.
If you do not understand this topic, the best solution would be to call a specialist who accurately diagnoses breakdowns and fixes it as soon as possible.
Dishwasher failure to wash program
Quite a frequent occurrence, during the execution of the washing program, it simply freezes. Most often, to solve the problem, it is necessary to reboot the dishwasher, to put it simply, you need to turn off the device for just a couple of minutes, and then return the power to it again.
In the event that this problem is repeated with all dishwashing programs, it is necessary to call a specialist who will carefully check everything and, if a marriage or defect is found, will replace the damaged part.
Note! On some models of dishwashers Electrolux replacing the control module costs a lot of money. In such a situation, it will be easier for you to buy a new dishwasher than to replace a faulty control module.
However, do not be upset, this problem is most often associated with an error in the operation of the following sensors, namely: pressure switch, aquasensor and others. Sometimes the electrical network is involved in the fact that the entire group of sensors fails.
In this article, we looked at how to repair Electrolux dishwashers with our own hands. However, remember, if you do not understand anything about technology, the best solution would be to turn to specialists who will carry out all the repairs themselves, and you will not have to spend your nerves and money on unjustified actions.
See also - Reviews of dishwashers “Electrolux”