Before choosing an electric meat grinder for your home, you need to consider a number of important criteria. Practice shows that buyers are mainly guided by price, but this is wrong. Even for little money, you can pick up an excellent meat grinder that will meet the buyer’s request. Below are the criteria for choosing models, as well as the rating of the best electric home meat grinders that have received good reviews.
Power and performance
These parameters are closely related — one depends on the other. All meat grinders have a rated power that determines the operation of the meat grinder motor in standard mode. Most models have a large margin for effective work with cartilage and veins. In this case, the motor starts to work faster, but it is impossible to use the power reserve all the time.
Naturally, performance is closely related to the power parameter. A meat grinder with a consumption of 300 W will have a low performance; the model with 500 W is about high. The parameter itself is determined in kilograms per minute, that is, it tells how many kilograms of meat the meat grinder can process in 1 minute.
The weakest models process only 400 grams per minute. Such devices are rare on the market. For example, a meat grinder BELVAR KEM-P2U-202–06 with a power of 300 W can turn minced meat 0.4 kg in 1 minute.
Productive models have a power of 700‑1000 W and process 4–5 kg of meat per minute. For example, the Bosch MFW 68660 model is considered one of the most productive — with a power of 800 W, it processes 4.3 kg per minute. True, these parameters have a key influence on the price. If the model from “BELVAR” will cost 2000–2500 rubles, then the Bosch MFW 68660 costs 11–12 thousand rubles.
Before choosing an electric meat grinder for your home, you first need to look at these parameters — the key selection criteria.
Which grinder to choose
There are a large number of models of electric meat grinders from various manufacturers on the domestic market of household kitchen equipment, so it can sometimes be difficult to choose the right appliance.
When choosing a model, our editors recommend paying attention to the following points:
- For domestic use, devices of classes “B” or “C” will be enough, because more powerful and productive models are much more expensive, and this will not pay off with occasional use.
- Noise is one of the disadvantages of such equipment, so it is better to buy a device of medium power and with gears made of polymer materials.
- The case made of metal is more resistant to external mechanical influences, but it has a greater mass, which can be inconvenient when the device is frequently rearranged.
- The functionality of the model depends on the number of nozzles available for use, so when choosing this indicator, you need to pay special attention.
- The reliability of the equipment is guaranteed by the manufacturer, so it is better to buy models of well-known brands that have proven themselves only on the positive side.
Important! Some manufacturers in the device passport indicate 2 types of power, one of which corresponds to the nominal value, and the second to the maximum allowable.
Few buyers pay attention to the presence or absence of a reverse system, and this is an important parameter. Motors with reverse can rotate in the opposite direction, which saves a lot of time. If the veins of meat are wrapped around the auger, then it stops rotating. Meat grinders without reverse have to be disassembled, the veins removed and reassembled to continue working. On reverse motors, simply activate the appropriate mode, in which the auger will begin to rotate in the opposite direction. As a result, the wound strands will come out of the feed opening. It remains to remove them and continue to work.
Note that in expensive meat grinders there may be no reverse, since it is not needed there at all — due to the high power, all the cores are ground without any problems.
Purpose of the electrical device
Manufacturers offer customers two options for kitchen appliances for grinding meat.
- A traditional device that does not have additional devices. Such a meat grinder has only one function — it turns pieces of meat into tender minced meat.
- The multifunctional device is equipped with numerous nozzles for fine cutting of fruits, vegetables, for squeezing juice.
In addition, the meat grinder can stuff artificial or natural casings for sausages with minced meat, form cutlets, meat tubes and other products.
On the market, 90% (very rough estimate) of meat grinders are equipped with a motor protection system. To do this, use a special fuse that protects the engine from overheating and huge loads. For example, if a bone is stuck in the auger, then the motor simply wedges and stops rotating. In this case, large overloads occur, and the system stops working. It can also turn off the motor when overheating is detected.
Depending on the model, this system is implemented in different ways. The most common method is blocking using a fuse sleeve. When heated or when it gets inside the bones, it bursts. Circuit breakers are less commonly used — plates that are in a closed state when the motor is running. When the rotation stops, the flow of electrons to the plates increases greatly, which forces them to open. As a result, the circuit is interrupted and power is lost. After disconnecting from the power supply, the circuits return to their original position — you can reconnect the work.
Additionally, a special heat element may be present in the protection system, which measures the temperature and turns off the engine if it exceeds the set limit.
Given that the best electric meat grinders are equipped with protection, this criterion is not key. However, some cheap models from Chinese brands can be sold without any protective system — they will work until the first overheating or jamming of the auger.
Time of continuous work
Speaking about how to choose the right electric meat grinder, you should definitely pay attention to this parameter. Manufacturers evaluate the capabilities of the developed devices and can guarantee their stable operation for a certain time. After that, the motor must be allowed to rest, otherwise its resource is reduced.
The cheapest and “weakest” meat grinders operate continuously for one minute. Model Moulinex ME 209, for example, according to the manufacturer’s recommendation, should work continuously for no more than one minute. During this time, the engine will warm up enough, and it should be allowed to cool for 10–15 minutes. During this time, the meat grinder will be able to process 1.7 kg of meat (productivity), which in most cases is enough for home use.
The most productive and powerful systems operate up to 50 minutes, but this is more true for professional equipment when a large amount of minced meat is required.
Bosch MFW 66020 (600 W) with a capacity of 3 kg / min can continuously work for 15 minutes, which will allow 45 kg of meat to be processed in one cycle.
There are several options for the external execution of meat grinders:
- Plastic. Inexpensive models are mostly made of plastic. This is a durable material that is easy to give the right color, so these models look stylish. The disadvantage is that it is easier to damage, so plastic devices require careful handling. Sometimes the body is made of plastic with metal inserts to improve the appearance and ease of maintenance.
- Metal. Meat grinders with metal housings are more expensive, they are extremely durable and heat resistant. Plus — in case of a short circuit, the metal case does not burn and does not emit a bad smell, unlike the plastic one.
The best household electric meat grinders have metal cases, but there is nothing wrong with plastic ones. There are excellent and rather expensive models made in plastic that have been working effectively for years without the slightest problem and loss of aesthetic appearance.
Nozzles in the kit — a separate issue. Manufacturers for different models offer a standard or extended set of nozzles. They expand the functionality and make a juicer out of an ordinary meat grinder, for example. The kit may include the following attachments:
- For minced meat, for kebbe, for shredding, for cutting cookies, for cooking sausages, grater.
- Nozzle for squeezing juice from oranges or auger — turns the meat grinder into a juicer. True, the efficiency of standard juicers is always higher.
- Disks and molds for minced meat are almost always included in the kit.
If you do not have a juicer in your house, then it is advisable to choose a meat grinder with nozzles for squeezing juice, but you should not rely on efficiency. Still, meat grinders are designed for grinding meat. If there is a juicer in the house, then it makes no sense to overpay for additional nozzles — choose a model without a press and nozzles for squeezing juice.
Reviews about electric meat grinders
Electric meat grinders are very popular among housewives. This is due to the fact that modern models are capable of performing a wide range of different tasks: cooking minced meat, cutting vegetables and fruits, chopping nuts and much more.
The main advantages and disadvantages of an electric meat grinder for the home:
- A wide variety of models with different technical characteristics, available options and pricing.
- High power and performance.
- Simplicity and ease of use.
- The process is automated, minimal human intervention is required — put all the ingredients into the appropriate compartment.
- The set includes a large number of nozzles and additional accessories that significantly expand all the functionality of the device.
- High quality of the product obtained at the exit: uniformity of minced meat.
- High price.
- Dependence on electricity.
- High noise level emitted during operation.
- Limited service life, expensive repairs.
- Large size and weight.
Now that you know how to choose the right electric meat grinder for your home, you can choose the best model. But the choice is still difficult due to the abundance of offers on the market. Below is the subjective rating of meat grinders that have received positive customer reviews.
1st place — Bosch MFW 45020
The best offer on the market in mid-2021 is the Bosch MFW 45020 meat grinder worth 5,500 rubles. The model with high quality has great performance, it easily processes even veins, which makes it extremely effective.
- Productivity — 2.7 kg of meat per minute.
- Power — 500 watts. At peak performance, it is possible to increase the power to 1600 W, but in this mode, long-term operation is not allowed.
- There is a reverse system.
The meat grinder is made of plastic, although it looks like metal. Its parts can be washed in the dishwasher, which simplifies the operation process.
- Assembly without backlash. The model has a monolithic body, does not creak in use.
- No problems with use. Even sinewy meat easily turns into normal minced meat.
- Reliability — works for years without problems.
- There is no retractor for the cord — it is extremely inconvenient to fill it every time. At the same time, it is also short, which limits mobility — you can only use a meat grinder near an outlet.
- There are isolated complaints about the effectiveness — sometimes skips the veins.
- Noise is nothing without it.
Despite the shortcomings, the meat grinder in its category is the best, it received the perfect combination of price and quality, so most buyers are satisfied.
2nd place — Kitfort KT-2101 (3000 rubles)
Next in the ranking of the best home meat grinders is a model from Kitfort. It received a low rated power of 300 W, but a high peak power of 1.5 kW. Productivity is only 1.2 kg / min, but given the price, this is normal.
The meat grinder also received a reverse system, effective overload protection and the following attachments:
- 2 discs for stuffing.
- For sausages, kebbe.
It is made of plastic, which makes it cheap. Based on the reviews, we highlight the pros and cons.
- Efficiency of work — copes with sinewy meat quite easily.
- Low power consumption.
- Stylish design
- Rubber feet perfectly fix the meat grinder on the surface and prevent it from moving.
- Reliability — works effectively for years without breakdowns.
- Small time of continuous work. It is undesirable to let the meat grinder work for 1.5–2 minutes without stopping — it starts to stink of plastic due to the heating of the case.
- When using the products, be sure to cut them into thin pieces, otherwise they will not fit into the entry hole.
- The noise level is above average.
- Short power cord.
This is a cool and compact meat grinder, which, with low power consumption, received a fairly efficient motor. In its price category, Kitfort KT-2101 is the best offer for 1–2 people.
3rd place — Panasonic MK-G1800PWTQ
An expensive and reliable model for 14,000 rubles. At a high price, the meat grinder does not have unique characteristics, but it receives good responses.
- Power — 330 W (maximum — 1.8 kW).
- Productivity — 1.6 kg of meat per minute.
- There is a reverse system and engine protection.
- 3 mince discs included.
- Housing made of plastic and metal.
- Self-sharpening knives on the auger, which retain high efficiency even during long-term operation.
This meat grinder is made in Japan, therefore it is of extremely high quality. It has a simple assembly without backlash, slots, an efficient motor that can easily cope with any veins.
- Do not wash in the dishwasher and in too hot water — this will dull the knives.
- High price.
- Massiveness and weight. This is the result of using high-quality metal and components.
- Poor kit.
This is a harsh and reliable unit without additional functionality. There are no attachments that turn the model into a juicer and so on, everything is “sharpened” for turning meat into minced meat — the unit copes with this task better than others, therefore its price is appropriate.
4th place — Philips HR2723/20
Philips appliances are almost always reliable and technologically advanced, and this meat grinder is no exception.
- Motor power: 500 W (up to 1.8 kW at peak).
- Productivity: 2.3 kg/min.
- There is a reverse and protection of the motor against overloads.
- Plastic case.
- A large set of attachments: grater, for sausages and shredders, kebbe.
- 3 disks for stuffing.
Buyers mostly respond positively, but this does not mean that the meat grinder has not received flaws.
- Quiet work.
- Large set of nozzles.
- Productivity and power — easily grinds minced meat with veins.
- There are complaints about dull knives initially. After purchase, they must be sharpened immediately, otherwise the efficiency of meat processing will upset.
- The design of the motor protection is weak — a plastic adapter is used here that connects the auger to the motor. Its breakdown and the need to replace it is a matter of time.
The manufacturer gives a 2‑year warranty for this product, which allows us to conclude that it is reliable. However, this does not eliminate the disadvantage in the form of a plastic adapter, which wears off over time. And although this “consumable” is designed to implement protection against overloads, even without them, it works with large amounts of work, so this model is suitable for small portions.
5th place — Kenwood MG-700
Almost a professional unit, made in a fully metal case. But his price is appropriate — 14–15 thousand rubles.
- Power — 800 W (maximum — 2 kW).
- Productivity — 3 kg of meat per minute.
- Overload protection, reverse — yes.
- Operating time without stopping — 20 minutes.
- A set of nozzles: for sausages, kebbe, discs for minced meat.
This is an exceptionally powerful and silent meat grinder, which even at peak performance is not very noisy. It copes with large volumes, and in one approach is able to process 60 kg of meat. The model is made in a durable metal case without backlash, squeaks, has a wide opening for loading meat, so it is not necessary to cut it into small pieces. Judging by the reviews, the meat grinder has been working without the slightest problem for 1.5 years and continues to cope with large volumes even after a while.
- High price.
- There are complaints about the ill-conceived mechanism for fixing the auger, because of which it eventually begins to hang out during operation.
- Big sizes.
- The metal case is covered with a shiny varnish, which is easily and quickly scratched. As a result, the appearance deteriorates.
The disadvantage in the form of a “dancing” auger occurs simultaneously with different users, but 90% of buyers remain satisfied with this product. Taking into account the minuses and the price, we put the model in 5th place.
Features of modern models
Recently, for ease of use and creating safe operating conditions, manufacturers of such equipment are trying to equip meat grinders with more powerful electric motors (2 kW and above), as well as equip them with a reverse function. In addition, some models (their components) can be loaded into the dishwasher. In the manufacture of a mechanical gearbox, gears made of polymeric materials are increasingly used, and various types of protection are used to protect the electric motor (against short-circuit currents and overheating, jamming and overload, etc.).
For your information! Models equipped with polymer gears have a lower noise level than devices equipped with metal counterparts, and they are also lighter.
Where could I buy
An important question: where to buy a good meat grinder. You can close the issue as quickly as possible by visiting the nearest specialized store. The best option, in terms of price-quality ratio, is the option of buying in the Aliexpress online store. Mandatory long waiting times for parcels from China are a thing of the past, because now many goods are in intermediate warehouses in destination countries: for example, when ordering, you can select the “Delivery from the Russian Federation” option:
|Electric meat grinder Bosch MFW3520W, 500 W||Meat grinder Panasonic MK-G1800PWTQ||Heavy Duty Electric Meat Grinder|
|Stainless Steel Electric Meat Grinder||Electric meat grinders Sonifer with stainless steel housing, 3000 W||Industrial meat grinder Zica, mixer 9/12l, vegetable cutter|