Criterias of choice
Ironing board type. Depends on installation method:
- embedded takes up little space. Thanks to the folding design, it is easy to store in a wall niche or furniture. Easy to install, but impossible to move;
- desktop leans on a workbench, table. When working, it is not very convenient, because it has a small height. But does not take up much space;
- floor — the most common type. Easy to use: mobile; add up; have optimal dimensions. The inconvenience lies in the severity of the object, but this drawback is hardly noticeable, because. the board is used indoors.
Table top material. The work surface can be made from:
- perforated metal. Durable; resistant to moisture: steam comes out of the holes.
- Wood: plywood, chipboard, natural wood. Plywood and chipboard are lighter than wood, but less durable and reliable; deformed from moisture and high temperature.
- metal mesh — lightweight metal table top. The mesh is less reliable and durable than a sheet of metal, but it also does not deform and serves for a long time, passes steam.
- thermoplastic — Lightweight and durable tables. They save energy due to the heat-reflecting effect of the material. The cellular structure promotes the free exit of steam.
Work surface size. The length ranges from 90 — 150 cm. The width of the ironing board is determined by the widest edge, it can be from 28 — 45 cm. The optimal size of the ironing board is 40x120 cm. The larger the size of the working surface, the more part of the thing can be immediately ironed and the more convenient ironing.
Functions/features. The board can have different capabilities and perform several functions at the same time:
- iron stand — a platform made of heat-resistant material for installing an iron. It is convenient when it has a lock for the iron cord.
- Undersleeve — a device for ironing sleeves. Narrow and long design in the same material as the top. It is mounted on a board or other flat support.
- Height adjustment — the ability to change the height of the working surface in accordance with the growth of a person.
- Built-in socket, which has an extension cord, allows you to work away from a stationary outlet. Convenient if the iron has a short cord.
- Heated ironing surface – the heating system is built into the working surface of the board. The item is ironed simultaneously from 2 sides (useful when ironing damp linen or thick fabrics).
- Ventilation function ventilates the internal volume of the working surface. If the cover is blown off, excess accumulated steam can be pulled out of the board. If it is inflated, a surface is formed that is optimal for thin material.
- Steam absorption function removes excess steam from the fabric; things after ironing are dry.
The best ironing boards for steam generators
Ironing boards for steam generators must have certain mandatory characteristics. The basis for such boards can only be metal or plastic, perforated or mesh. These materials withstand repeated intense exposure to steam.
The stand and the width of the worktop must be suitable for the dimensions and weight of the steam generator. Particular importance is attached to the stability of such an ironing board.
The cost of products designed for a steam generator is usually higher than the cost of conventional models.
5 Nika Verona (LW)
On the fifth line is an ironing board for a steam generator called Nika Verona (DV). This product of floor type has a folding design and a strong metal basis.
The model weighs 8.5 kg and has a working surface of 122 * 42 cm. With the help of a folding design, you can adjust the height up to 1 m during ironing. The product is equipped with a wide Euro-support for the steam generator and a removable sleeve platform. The cotton cover can be easily removed for easy cleaning.
The main advantages of the Verona model include:
- Individual thermal packaging.
- Electric extension cable 1.9 m.
- Socket with steam generator wire holder.
- Shelf for storage of linen.
- The ironing surface can withstand loads up to 25 kg.
- Compact dimensions.
- Convenient storage.
Users choose the Nika Verona (DV) ironing board for its affordable price, foldable design, wide work surface, easy operation, and the ability to adjust the height of the product.
- Large working area.
- Foldable design.
- Simply folds and unfolds.
- Large stand for the steam generator.
- Socket with wire holder.
- Linen shelf.
- Height adjustment.
- Affordable price.
- Unstable, wobbly.
Nika Verona DV
4 Haushalt Loreta GOLF HL
In the fourth position of our rating is the HAUSHALT Loreta GOLF HL ironing board, which has a working surface size of 123 * 46 cm.
The durable design of the product is made of metal, it can withstand loads up to 40 kg. The perforated surface of the working area allows steam to pass freely through the cover and filler. The wide euro stand fits any steam generator or iron. It is possible to smoothly adjust the height up to 1 m and a socket with an extension cord of 2.2 m. The stable position of the board is provided by adjustable supports that are fixed in the folded position.
The cone-shaped working area is covered with a layer of environmentally friendly batting and a cotton cover. The weight of the product is 9.2 kg, the design is made of lightweight metal pipes that have plastic tips that prevent slipping and damage to the floor covering. The wide surface of the board allows you to iron large items — bed linen, tablecloths, bedspreads.
The HAUSHALT Loreta GOLF HL ironing board has earned the trust of users due to its affordable price, durable design, wide working surface, convenient stand for the steam generator, and a long extension cord.
- Durable metal construction.
- Acceptable cost.
- Thoughtful design.
- Easily unfolds.
- Adjustable height up to 1 m.
- Wide surface.
- Eco-friendly materials.
- There is no armrest and a shelf for linen.
HAUSHALT Loreta GOLF HL
3 Braun IB3001 BK
In third place is the ironing board for steam generators Braun IB3001 BK. Ideal for Braun irons and steam generators, as well as similar devices from other brands. With this board, the ironing process becomes much easier and more comfortable.
Feature of the model: stable, functional and lightweight design. The board has a wide metal mesh base (122 x 40 cm) with one tapered side for effective ironing of clothes. Legs are T‑shaped, strong, compact when folding. The base for the steam generator is wide, heat-resistant. The weight of the model is a little over 7 kg.
Users note a convenient height adjustment system in 7 levels, stability on the floor, including thanks to rubberized elements on the legs, quality of materials and assembly.
The Braun IB3001 BK board has no additional equipment. The design of the model is simple, the color scheme in dark colors looks original.
- The quality of materials, assembly.
- Weight and compactness when folded.
- 7 height levels.
- Reliable stand for the steam generator.
- Interesting design.
- Minimum equipment.
Braun ironing board IB3001 BK
2 Tefal IB 5100
The Tefal IB 5100 ironing board occupies the second position in the rating. The manufacturer positions it as a professional device for comfortable ironing of any products from any type of fabric.
The ironing board is made of high quality metal, which provides the device with a long service life. The dimensions of the ironing surface are 130 by 47 cm, such dimensions greatly simplify and make the ironing process quick. The base material also contributes to this: a dense cotton cover, with foam rubber on a metal mesh.
The board differs in excellent stability, maintains loading to 40 kg. The resistance is even certified by one of the German independent laboratories. Sturdy U‑shaped legs have built-in wheels, with which the item can be easily moved around the room.
The steam generator has a wide metal stand with thermal protection. This stand also comes with a hanger holder.
Buyers note the elegant design, reliability, practicality of the design of the Tefal IB 5100 model.
- Convenient dimensions.
- The quality of materials.
- Stand for steam generator.
- Height adjustment up to 93 cm.
- Equipment minimum.
Ironing board Tefal IB 5100
1 Chayka IS-3600
In the first place is the modern multifunctional product Chayka IS-3600, which provides high-quality and comfortable ironing.
The working platform of the board has a size of 120*45cm, it is equipped with a function of heating and blowing/suction of air, allowing you to iron a large amount of clothes twice as fast. For greater comfort, the height can be adjusted up to 1 m. The product is equipped with a large stand for a steam generator or iron and a 54*14 cm armrest.
The cover of the ironing board is made of natural cotton, with 6 mm wide foam rubber used as a sealant. Comes with two covers: gray and beige. The weight of the product is 15.2 kg. The blowing function is designed for delicate fabrics such as knitwear, silk, velor. With its help, ironing with an iron or a steam generator takes place at a distance of 3–4 cm, without the risk of damaging the material. The suction technology ensures that the fabric adheres snugly to the surface of the working platform, this is necessary in order to make perfect creases on trousers. The heating function helps to iron the laundry on both sides, while drying it.
Users gave the first place in the rating to the Chayka IS-3600 ironing board due to its modern design, the presence of additional functions that greatly facilitate the ironing process, a wide working platform and high-quality coating.
- Modern design.
- Height adjustment.
- Stand for steam generator.
- Useful features.
- 2 covers included.
- Steam extraction during operation.
- Stable construction.
Ironing board Chayka IS-3600
The most popular devices for gentle and quick ironing of things produced by companies:
- Nika — devices with folding wire holders and built-in sockets; heat-resistant stands for iron and steam generator. The Nika12 Teflon and Nika GRANT NG models are equipped with Euro stands with Teflon inserts for irons with Teflon soles.
- Bosch — active ironing boards that perform, in addition to ironing, various functions: heating, blowing and blowing air, drying (TDN1700P, TDN1010N). Designed for irons with steam humidifiers, steam stations.
- Leifheit – boards for working with steam generators and conventional irons (AirSteam Premium M). The tops are perforated and coated with thermoplastic. The devices are light and reliable (AirBoard XL Deluxe).
- MIE — transformers perform many functions: steam absorption, surface heating, ventilation (MIE Felina, MIE Prestige, MIE Grazia B).
- Hausmann – the models are portable and multifunctional, equipped with a travel lock (Light Board, HM-2121), built-in socket (HM-3244).
The best ironing boards are practical multifunctional products.
The best built-in ironing boards
Built-in ironing boards are very well suited for small spaces where there is little free space. Such a model is part of the design of another piece of furniture or interior. It can be a wardrobe, a chest of drawers, a bedside table, a special wall-mounted mirror cabinet, and even a picture. According to the type of construction, there are folding and retractable.
This type of board is invisible when not in use, and is always at hand when you need to iron things. Their cost is usually higher than the cost of traditional boards.
3 Shelf.on Iron Slim
In third position is the built-in ironing board of the Russian manufacturer Shelf.On — Iron Slim. The company specializes in the production of its own line of built-in boards and offers a wide range of models.
The Iron Slim model is designed as a board-compartment in a compact wall cabinet. A board measuring 122 by 40 cm is attached to the wall on a powerful bracket. The advantage of the product is the telescopic leg, which serves as a second support. Installation on two supports is the most reliable, an expedient option if the strength of the wall is in doubt. The height of the board can be adjusted when installed from 75 to 95 cm.
The ironing surface is made of high-quality perforated metal. Teflon cover that reflects heat well and has high temperature resistance. Buyers note the softness of the surface that is optimal for high-quality ironing.
The manufacturer offers several options for design solutions: the color of the locker for the board (more than 10 types), solid mirror doors and with original prints printed on the mirror, including on order.
- Big board.
- Quality materials.
- Double board support.
- Built-in socket with 2.2 m extension.
- Height setting selection.
- Choice of design solutions.
- Opening left and right.
- The swing mechanism is possible.
- There is no mechanism for adjusting the cabinet door.
Shelf.on, Iron Slim
2 Asko HI1153
One of the best drawer models in the built-in ironing board category is Asko HI1153. Its main advantages are the quality of materials, mechanisms, design reliability, typical for the products of the Swedish brand.
The board is designed to be mounted on the Asko Classic Pro Home and Logic Pro Home washer or dryer. It is possible to place them between them when installing machines in a column.
The peculiarity of the model is its compactness. The dimensions of the built-in box are approximately 59 by 60 cm, height 15 cm. The board itself has a metal mesh base, a folding mechanism, the total size is 93 by 31 cm. The opening mechanism is simple and convenient — push. The ironing board is strong and stable, can withstand a load of up to 10 kg.
Users note that in small rooms this model is ideal.
The design of the board is available in white and titanium shades. The device comes with detailed installation instructions.
- The quality of materials.
- Simple and reliable mechanisms.
- The frame does not take up additional space.
- Compact when unfolded.
- Convenient ironing surface.
- Not a universal device.
Asko retractable ironing board HI1153
1 Vauth-Sagel VS ADD Iron
The best built-in model is the VAUTH-SAGEL VS ADD Iron retractable ironing board. The manufacturer offers a practical, rational solution for placing the product.
The device is mounted instead of a drawer of a furniture cabinet or cabinet, 40–50 cm wide and a niche depth of at least 51 cm. This design frees up additional space and is relevant in small rooms. The advantage of the model is a simple extension mechanism, soft and silent.
The size of the board when unfolded is 95 by 30 cm. At first glance, it is small, but thanks to its ergonomic shape, softness, and ease of sliding over the cover, it is comfortable to iron on it. The board is easy to care for, the surface is covered with a heat-resistant removable cover, which can be washed if necessary.
Users appreciated the stability of the structure, the mechanisms firmly hold the board during ironing. The device can withstand loads up to 20 kg.
- Compact dimensions.
- German quality.
- Smooth silent mechanism.
- Cover quality.
- Relatively low cost.
- Requirements for the dimensions of furniture for embedding.
VAUTH-SAGEL VS ADD Iron
Do not be upset if an unsightly cover is on an ironing board that is suitable in all respects. In most cases, it can be replaced, with the exception of wood countertops, where the fabric is fixed with nails or buttons, which makes it impossible to replace it.
Removable covers are usually fixed to the board with elastic bands or ties. It is better to give preference to the second option, since the ropes will not stretch over time and will not have to be ironed on a fidgeting, loose cover.
The cover can be made from:
- linen or cotton
Easy ironing will provide a cover with a soft lining. You can, of course, cope with the bed cover. This has been done before, but it is less convenient.
It is easier to iron on a cover with metal layers. Keeping warm, they create the effect of double-sided ironing. Often there are fabrics with special inclusions for cleaning the iron.
Despite the simplicity of design, there are several types of ironing boards:
|floor standing||The most popular type of ironing board. It has a foldable design. It is characterized by compactness, simplicity and ease of use. Some models are hybrids and transform from an ironing board into a clothes dryer.|
|Desktop||The height of such devices is 10–20 cm. It is usually installed on a table.|
|Embedded||It is characterized by compactness and original design. The device does not spoil the interior, because it can be hidden.|
|Transformer||A folding hybrid ironing board in this case is combined with a chest of drawers or cabinet. It is practical, functional and saves a lot of space.|
In general, any of the listed boards will be an excellent assistant in ironing.
Legs and mount
The frame, that is, the design and fastening of the legs, also determines the quality of the ironing board. Basically, the stability and mobility of the entire structure depend on it. So, according to the type of coupling, they distinguish:
- A‑shaped legs
- in the form of an inverted “P”,
The board will be stable if the legs extend slightly beyond the edges of the tabletop in width. The compactness depends on the material, so it is preferable to install aluminum, which, with its lightness, is durable. Plastic or rubber tips are responsible not only for non-slip, but also prevent scratches on the floor.
Pay attention to the way the legs are attached to the tabletop:
- rivets — they are not securely fastened, the board often folds spontaneously, cannot be repaired;
- screws — loosen from frequent opening of the structure, it is impossible to twist;
- bolts — provide a reliable hitch, easily tightened with a wrench.
A significant indicator of the comfortable use of the ironing board is the adjustable height. There are two height fixation mechanisms: smooth and stepped. Giving a greater choice of levels, smooth adjustment is quickly loosened. A ladder board will last longer but only offers 2–4 set positions. However, they are enough to set the board to a suitable height.