Is it possible to quickly clean the oven or oven at home? Is it possible to turn a heavily contaminated surface into a sample of perfect cleanliness? Easily! Prepare improvised means: vinegar, ammonia, water, soap and ingenuity. Let’s start the fight against fat and soot right now!
How to wash the oven from old fat and soot
Do you have little time to clean? Wondering how to clean the oven quickly? In this case, you can use chemicals to clean the oven surfaces. Edelstar or Amway brand cleaners will effectively clean a very dirty surface inside and outside the oven. The whole process of cleaning the fire takes a little time and consists of three stages:
- Before washing an electric oven, take the necessary safety precautions: put on protective gloves, open a window, restrict access to the kitchen for children and pets. Do you want to clean glass? Loosen the screws on the door and remove it.
- A special brush or a regular shaving brush will help get rid of old, burnt fat, and use an old toothbrush to clean hard-to-reach places. Apply the product on a dirty surface and leave for 2 hours, and after this period, wipe and rinse thoroughly with water.
- When finished cleaning, wash the used inventory, wipe the oven, insert the glass and tighten the bolts.
The chemical method is an excellent tool for neutralizing old fat and soot, but remember that it has a lot of drawbacks. For regular cleaning, use safer products such as soap, vinegar, and baking soda.
See also - How to install and connect an electric oven yourself
Soda, vinegar and water — and the oven is clean
You can use folk remedies: vinegar and soda as a means for regularly cleaning the oven from burnt fat. The soda-vinegar method is used in such cases:
- As a regular oven maintenance at home. After cleaning dry debris in the oven, moisten the surface to be cleaned and the grates with a sponge, apply vinegar evenly and leave for about three hours. Is your oven not very dirty? Then one treatment will be enough for you to easily clean the inside of the oven and get rid of burning. To clean old stains, a brush or sponge with a hard coating will help.
- To clean a very dirty surface, you can dilute acetic acid and water in a one-to-one ratio, moisten a rag with the solution and thoroughly wipe the walls in the oven. After that, sprinkle baking soda on the burnt fat and leave for 1 hour. This method involves a chemical reaction with the release of hydrogen, which effectively and safely removes even old dirt. After cleaning, wash the oven with warm soapy water and wipe dry.
Quick cleaning of dirty glass in the oven
Another good oven cleaner at home is the high temperature method. Thus, you can easily wash the glass and get rid of old greasy stains. To do this, take a glass dish and pour one liter of water and 20 grams of vinegar essence into it. Place the bowl in an oven preheated to 150–170 degrees. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven and wipe the dirty surface while it is still warm. To quickly clean the glass, sprinkle baking soda on a dampened sponge and wipe the surface, and after 40 minutes, wipe the glass. In this case, absolutely all the dirt will move away, and your oven will again shine with cleanliness.
Three easy tips for cleaning your oven
- You can pour a little water into a heat-resistant dish, add dishwashing detergent or ordinary laundry soap to it. Turn on the oven and cook the mixture for about an hour at a temperature of about 150 degrees. During preparation, do not open the oven so as not to burn yourself. Next, turn off the oven and let it cool down. Wipe the walls with a sponge or cloth and rinse with water.
- This method of cleaning fat involves the use of ammonia. With the help of this tool, you can effectively clean the oven from the old soot. Place a bowl of water in the oven and pour a few drops of ammonia into it. Close the oven and seal the door with tape around the perimeter to seal it. Leave this mixture overnight. For a more effective effect, you can rub the walls with ammonia. Wash the oven the next day. Of course, the main disadvantage of this method is the pungent smell. Therefore, while using ammonia, ventilate the room and keep children away from the oven.
- Effective. A mixture of hydrogen peroxide and soda will help to thoroughly clean the oven. Prepare a quarter cup of baking soda and 3% hydrogen peroxide. Mix the ingredients and mix them until a mushy mass is formed. The resulting mixture is applied to the dirty walls of the oven and left for a while in this form. Next, wipe the surface and rinse with water. It should be noted that this product is perfect for cleaning not only the surface of the oven, but also for washing cast iron and nickel-plated dishes.
As you can see, you can clean the oven with improvised means at home. Use these products regularly so that your oven will delight you not only with delicious dishes, but also with brilliant cleanliness.
See also - How to choose an electric oven: types, modes, cleaning methods