Often housewives are concerned about the question of how to get rid of the smell in a slow cooker. It may be present in a new slow cooker or left after cooking your favorite dishes. It is no longer possible to get rid of odors by simply washing the bowl, they are persistent and saturated. Today we will tell you how to remove the smell from the multicooker using folk methods.
We eliminate the smell from the new multicooker
A multi-cooker is a multifunctional unit that is available in the kitchen of almost every person. She firmly entered everyday life due to the simplicity of her device. All you need is to prepare the products and choose the optimal mode. It saves time and allows a novice cook to make a delicious dish.
When purchasing this kitchen helper, you may encounter the problem of an unpleasant plastic odor that can be transferred from the bowl to the cooked food. How to get rid of amber in a slow cooker? There are several answers to this question:
- Pour one liter of water into the bowl and add a tablespoon of lemon juice or citric acid. We turn on the steamer mode for 30 minutes. Then drain the water and rinse with clean water. The unit is completely ready for work, the amber of plastic and rubber is completely eliminated.
- The smell of plastic can be removed with 9% vinegar. Wet a cloth with it and wipe the parts without touching the heating element. The stench in the slow cooker will disappear in a matter of minutes.
- If the smell in the slow cooker has become unbearable, you can add two tablespoons of 9% vinegar to a liter of water and turn it on to the double boiler mode. After half an hour, turn off and rinse with clean water.
- If the unit stinks of plastic, you can clean it with an ordinary detergent. To do this, remove the silicone gasket from the lid and rinse it with the product under clean running water. Dry it well and put it back in place.
Using these methods, you can quickly get rid of the unpleasant smell of plastic or rubber in a slow cooker. It won’t take much time or money.
See also: New kettle smells like plastic, what to do?
Eliminate the smell of cooked foods
The following methods will help to get rid of the unpleasant smell of food:
- If the bowl stinks of fish, then vinegar will come to the rescue. It is necessary to add it in the amount of two tablespoons to one and a half liters of water. Turn on steam mode. After completion of work, rinse the bowl and valve with clean water and wipe with a damp cloth, and then dry with a clean towel. This method takes longer, but completely beats off the unpleasant smell from the multicooker
- You can get rid of unpleasant amber in a multi-cooker with the help of usually soda and salt. We prepare a soda solution. We take soda ash, salt and dissolve them in water in a ratio of 1: 1: 1. Thoroughly rinse the bowl with this mixture a couple of times. Rinse thoroughly with plain water.
- If the unit stinks a lot, then ordinary whole-grain coffee will help get rid of the smell in the slow cooker. It is an excellent adsorbent capable of absorbing all unpleasantly smelling particles. You just need to put a cup with natural ground coffee on the bottom. During the night, all extraneous odors will disappear.
- If you cook several dishes in a row in it at once, then you can get an additional sealing ring. Let it be different for each type of food. For example, for soups, use one, and for desserts, another.
See also: How to remove the smell from the microwave?
Prevention of unpleasant odors in the slow cooker
- Do not close the device valve during storage. Its open position will allow normal air passage without creating stagnation. If you follow this rule, a musty stink in the appliance will never form.
- After each cooking process, the device should be thoroughly washed. It is not permissible to leave even the slightest drop of fat or leftover food.
- Store the multicooker in a ventilated place with the lid loosely closed. A kitchen table is suitable for this, not a closet or a place in the pantry.
- Do not store cooked food in the bowl. After cooking, transfer the food to a separate bowl.
Knowing all these rules and tips, you can easily cope with the task of getting rid of the smell in a slow cooker.
See also - How to wash the multicooker outside and inside: basic rules for care