Epilation of intimate parts of the body requires a delicate approach and close attention. If there are contraindications to physical, chemical methods, as well as the desire to carry out the treatment yourself at home, an epilator for the bikini zone often becomes a solution to the problem of excess hair.
Modern devices are equipped with special nozzles that reduce pain and discomfort from the procedure, and are able to remove barely regrown hairs. Many battery models are allowed to be used in the shower, depilation in a more painless wet way. The mechanical method becomes a worthy alternative to hardware hair removal in cases where the situation requires it.
Epilator or depilator — how is it right?
The device that we all know as an epilator, it would be more correct to call it differently — a depilator. After all, he removes only the hair itself, pulling it out by the root. And the epilation procedure also involves the destruction of the follicle. Previously, only doctors in beauty salons were engaged in this, now everything can be done at home, because devices such as photo and laser epilators have appeared. They are designed as generators of light energy, which is supplied to the hair in the right concentration and destroys them to the ground.
In general, if you follow the exact wording, then devices with this device principle are called epilators. But it so happened that manufacturers, without complicating or going into details, produce all devices for hair removal labeled epilator. Including those that are designed for shaving and plucking hair.
Manufacturers call all hair removal devices epilators, without delving into the intricacies of epilation and depilation
Finally, it remains to add a few simple tips.
- It is recommended not to wear underwear for about an hour after epilation.
- If you have very thick and coarse hair, most likely this method will not work for you.
- For better epilation, use a mirror.
- After the procedure, carefully inspect the treated area. If there are wounds or cuts, treat them with antibacterial compounds.
- Use only a serviceable device, carefully read the instructions for its capabilities and functions.
Beauty, of course, is worth the sacrifice, but they must be reasonable. Be attentive to yourself and your health.
Pros and cons of hair removal with an epilator
The epilator removes hair completely by taking it out of the follicular sac. You can use it to depilate any part of the body, and the bikini is no exception. Hair is removed for a long time (compared to shaving) — from 2 to 4 weeks, and then new ones grow back thinner and weaker. That’s about the pros. There are also cons:
- Pain. You can’t do without anesthesia, but it doesn’t always help either — discomfort becomes less only because of habit. It is necessary to endure 3–5 procedures in order to then take on this matter confidently and without fear.
- Itching, dryness, tightness of the skin, red spots, small pimples, in general, all signs of irritation. To avoid this, you need to spare no expense on an epilator — choose one that has a special nozzle for the delicate area and a mode that works on wet skin.
- Ingrown hair. If the skin is not properly cared for (steam baths, exfoliation, moisturizing, nutrition), then some hairs then cannot grow upwards, bend and begin to grow downwards. This is both unpleasant, and painful, and unaesthetic — the skin swells in places of ingrowth, abscesses may form. They need to be opened, all ingrown hairs removed one by one, wait until the skin heals, and only then do a new depilation.
The main disadvantage of the epilator, in addition to the pain of the procedure, is the formation of ingrown hairs.
The bikini area is very sensitive. Closely located mucous membranes, which may be susceptible to injury or infection. Therefore, it is important to know not only how to use the epilator in the bikini area, but also to remember about contraindications.
- diseases of an infectious or inflammatory nature;
- diseases of the external genitalia, especially in the presence of discharge, swelling, soreness of the labia;
- varicose veins of the hemorrhoidal veins, vessels of the genital organs;
- pustular and fungal rashes on the skin;
- the presence of moles in the bikini area, which are at risk of damage;
Types of epilators
To remove hair in the bikini area, there is no separate model, you just need to choose the right nozzle. Body epilators come in two types:
- Tweezers. Working surface — tweezers arranged in a checkerboard pattern. Their number can be different, from 20 to 48. The more tweezers, the faster and more painless the depilation will be and the more expensive the device. To remove hair with such an epilator, you will have to grow them in the bikini area up to 5 mm.
In a tweezer epilator, there can be from 20 to 48 tweezers — the more, the better the depilation will be
- Disk. The function of tongs in them is performed by rotating disks made of metal or ceramics. When they approach, they grab the hair and pull it out by the root. It is better to choose the epilator that has more discs. For comfortable hair removal, their length should be at least 5 mm.
In disc epilators, the function of forceps is performed by rotating discs, which are made of metal or ceramic.
For depilation of the bikini area, it is better to take a tweezer epilator: the procedure will be less painful. If this is a device for 32 or 40 tweezers, then this is also a thorough depilation — you won’t have to treat the same place 2 times.
Angela, 28 years old, Moscow: On the advice of a friend, I bought a Brown epilator, and I have never regretted my expenses. The device costs about 10 thousand rubles, but it performs its work silently, quickly and efficiently. The floating head painlessly pulls out hairs in the delicate underarm and bikini area. New vegetation appears only after a month. I’m happy.
Yana, 39 years old, Taganrog: For a long time I did not dare to buy an epilator for the bikini zone, as there was a fear of using a hair removal device in such a sensitive place. But my sister gave me a Rowenta Silence Bikini epilator, and I tried it. The device qualitatively removes hair and does not cause pain. There is no need to re-finish the pubis, since the epilated surface looks perfect.
Svetlana, 42 years old, Irkutsk: Removing hair in the intimate area with an epilator has become a real salvation for me. I teach gymnastics to girls of all ages. Both my students and I myself are dressed in swimsuits during classes. It is clear that the lower part of the body should look perfect. Shaving with the machine caused me discomfort and irritation. Now I use a Panasonic epilator and have a clean shaved skin for several weeks, which is very convenient with a busy work schedule.
The epilator is a fairly convenient and modern hair removal tool. But remember that if the purchased device does not meet the criteria for the right choice, hair removal will only bring you disappointment from wasted money and the lack of a perfect result. If the epilator does not suit you for the price or because of the increased sensitivity of the skin of the pubis, try to do a deep bikini with sugar caramel, strips, wax or depilatory cream.
Post Views: 19
Depilation of the bikini area
Successful depilation begins with competent preparation.
Preparation for the procedure
First you need to prepare the skin in the problem area: steam it out by taking a hot bath and do a peeling. It is best to use a scrub with a natural composition — sugar or coffee. After a hot bath or shower, the pores will open and the hair will be easier to remove. Peeling is needed in order to get rid of the keratinized top layer of the skin and prevent the appearance of ingrown hairs.
If the skin in the bikini area is sensitive, 10–15 minutes before depilation, apply Lidocaine Spray or Menovazin to the entire problem area (except for the mucous membrane). When you feel that the anesthetic has begun to work, apply talc to the skin. It will absorb excess moisture — this is important, because depilation on dry skin can be done much faster.
To avoid pain, before depilation, the skin should be treated with Lidocaine.
How to remove hair with an epilator
The classic bikini can be treated with the standard epilator head. For depilation of a deep bikini, a narrow applicator is more suitable.
To remove hair in the bikini area with an epilator, you need to do the following:
- When the desired attachment is fixed, take the epilator and place it with the working surface against the skin. The handle will be perpendicular to the body.
- In the bikini area, the skin is especially thin and sensitive. In order not to damage it, set the epilator to the lowest speed.
- Move the device against hair growth, and with your free hand, pull the skin in the direction of hair growth. Anything to make it less painful.
- After all hair is removed, treat the skin with an antiseptic. Any of those that are in the home first aid kit, for example, chlorhexidine, will do.
- Then moisturize the skin with milk or body cream, and after 20–30 minutes, when the product is absorbed, with a means to slow down hair growth.
To prevent ingrown hairs, it is useful to regularly treat the skin with salicylic acid.
It’s good if the epilator comes with a nozzle for delicate areas — it is narrower than usual, and it is more convenient to process the area of the labia and perineum with it
Epilation is not always a pleasant and even uncomfortable process, but it is it that allows you to achieve the effect of smooth skin without excess vegetation. Depilation of the intimate area (shaving or using a cream that removes hairs) gets rid of hairs for a couple of days, and they continue to grow at a fast pace. The essence of epilation is to remove the hair follicle and disrupt the structure of the follicle, which is why the hairs grow more slowly after the procedure. An additional plus is that they are then much thinner.
The epilator for the intimate area allows you to get rid of unwanted vegetation for a period of 2 to 4 weeks (depending on the rate of natural hair growth and their structure). It has a number of features. It is worth talking about the advantages of home hair removal using a special machine:
- Ease of use. Doing hair removal on your own is more pleasant than trusting your body to a master (if she is not your best friend).
- The qualitative result is stored for 2–4 weeks.
- The growth of hairs slows down, their quality noticeably “spoils” — this is “on hand” for women.
- Allows you to remove hair in the intimate area using the deep bikini or classic technique. The essence of the first is complete smoothness, the second is hair removal along the panty line.
- It saves money and time — you don’t have to visit an expensive salon, it’s enough to buy a typewriter and use it at home — for a couple of years (and even more).
Now a few words about the cons of the device:
- Painful process. The epilation procedure (especially the intimate zone) is another “pleasure” that will have to be endured. If you do not need such torment, you will need to look for ways to facilitate the process — anesthetic gels, ointments, cooling pads or pouches.
- Gives irritation — or a normal skin reaction to hair removal along with the bulb. Irritation appears in 99% of cases, it goes away on its own or forces a woman to use “heavy artillery” — all the same gels, ointments and creams with a soothing composition.
- The appearance of ingrown hairs. Alas, this problem can appear from any type of hair removal — epilator, wax or sugar. Ingrown hairs appear due to a violation of the texture of the hair follicle, which leads to abnormal hair growth — it literally begins to grow inside the skin. The best way to get rid of the problem is to prevent it and properly prepare the skin for the epilation process, and provide quality care after.
Hair removal with an epilator allows you to make the intimate area smooth and maintain this effect for four weeks.
Epilation requires preparation and further skin care in order to preserve its beauty and smoothness, to make the procedure safe and relatively pleasant. This home care routine is incredibly popular with women and men (despite their soreness) who are puzzled by their appearance.
If a few years ago the intimate area was treated with a classic epilator, then today advanced users choose a special machine with a gentle nozzle (usually the number of tweezers or discs in it is less) and a narrower head — to work out the most sensitive areas. These are, for example, the labia, the intergluteal zone. An epilator for the intimate area can be a nozzle for a classic machine or produced separately, have a trimmer attachment (for cutting long hairs) or do without it.
What is the best epilator for the bikini area
What you should pay attention to when choosing a device:
- Before buying an epilator, it is important to understand the condition of your skin. Based on this, you need to choose a device for dry hair removal (they can work without creams and gels) or for a wet one, which is suitable for skin prone to irritation. There are also mixed-type epilators, where it is possible to switch from one mode to another. For a bikini, it is preferable to take an epilator that can be used in the shower.
- Number of speeds. There can be a maximum of three, but models with two modes are more common. The more of them, the better, because by switching modes, you will feel at what speed it is less painful to remove hair.
- Equipment. The standard set includes a brush for cleaning the device from hairs. There is an extended package, which includes: a shaving head, a nozzle for peeling, delicate areas, massage, facial cleansing, etc. The limiter nozzle allows you to work with only part of the tweezers or disks — at first it is much easier to transfer the procedure if not all 40 tweezers are plucked out simultaneously, but only a fifth of them. The number of nozzles affects the cost of the epilator.
- Power type. The epilator can run on mains or battery. A device with a battery is more convenient, because it will be possible to take it on the road and use it in a variety of situations. Without recharging, the epilator can work for about 30–40 minutes.
- Backlight. Most models now have it. The absence is not critical, but will make epilation a little less convenient.
For depilation of a deep bikini, you can use a limiter or put on a facial cap to remove hair one at a time or in small tufts
Video: how to choose an epilator
Table: rating of epilators for the bikini zone
|Model||Device type||Number of speeds||Food||Backlight||Can it be used in the shower||Equipment||Price|
|Braun 7561 Silk epil 7||tweezers||2||From battery||Yes||Yes||Extended, there is a trimmer, nozzle-limiter||From 6200 rub.|
|Philips HP6553||Disk||2||From battery||Not||Yes||Basic||From 3800 rub.|
|Braun 9–561 Silk-epil 9||tweezers||2||From battery||Yes||Yes||Extended, there is a massager, a nozzle for shaving and for spot hair removal on the face||From 7200 rub.|
|Braun 3270 Silk epil 3||tweezers||2||Off the grid||Yes||Not||Basic||From 2600 rub.|
|Rowenta EP9260||tweezers||2||From battery||Yes||Yes||Extended, there is a trimmer, massager, nozzle-limiter||From 4500 rub.|
|Panasonic ES-WX72||tweezers||one||From battery||Not||Yes||Extended, there is a limiter nozzle and a nozzle for spot hair removal on the face||From 3200 rub.|
|Braun 5–511 Silk-epil 5 Wet & Dry||tweezers||one||From battery||Not||Yes||Basic||From 3300 rub.|
|Philips HP6520||Disk||2||From battery||Not||Yes||Basic||From 2400 rub.|
|Panasonic ES-WD22||tweezers||one||From battery||Not||Yes||Basic||From 3900 rub.|
|Philips HP6570||tweezers||2||From battery||Yes||Yes||Basic||From 4700 rub.|
Photo gallery: bikini epilators
The Braun 7561 Silk-epil 7 comes with a limiter cap that can be used on the bikini area
Philips HP6553 epilator — basic model without attachments
The Braun 9–561 Silk-epil 9 epilator has an extended package, which even includes a massager
Braun 3270 Silk-epil 3 epilator head equipped with 20 tweezers
Rowenta EP9260 epilator head is equipped with massage balls to reduce pain
The Panasonic ES-WX72 epilator comes with a peeling head
The Braun 5–511 Silk-epil 5 Wet & Dry epilator can be used for dry and wet depilation
Philips HP6520 epilator is battery operated and has two speeds
The Panasonic ES-WD22 epilator is equipped with a head with 48 tweezers
The Philips HP6570 epilator is equipped with a light, which makes depilation more convenient
The cost of such a device ranges from 1,500 to 13,000 rubles, so to find out a more accurate price, you need to understand which model you are looking for, which manufacturer you are looking at. Approximate run-up for leading brands:
|Rowenta Silence Bikini||1700–9000 r.|
|Braun SE||3500–12000 rubles|
|Philips HP||1200–6000 rubles|
Where to buy, prices
You can buy an epilator with a cap for the bikini area in many electronics and beauty stores. You can buy a high-quality electronic typewriter without leaving your home on the following sites:
The cost of epilators for the intimate area is on average 1500–4000 rubles. You can find more budget options for 600‑1000 rubles. The newest models will cost more than 5 thousand rubles.