A new refrigerator of the latest brand, which has a low degree of noise, began to buzz loudly, and this definitely creates discomfort. The question immediately arises, why is it making noise — is it brand new and is it still under warranty? How to be in such a situation? After all, only a faulty or disconnected refrigerator does not make sounds.
Features of the location of the refrigerator
It is possible that the refrigerator makes a lot of noise during operation due to the wrong location in the kitchen. First you need to find out why the noise occurs. The main source of noise from the refrigerator is the compressor. He pumps cold temperature, and it is he who makes a loud noise, buzzes and rumbles. If it is equipped with two compressors, then the noise level is doubled, since each of the compressors will operate at different times in a relaxed mode.
In the case of a serviceable refrigeration unit, the noise level of the compressor is quite tolerable, here you will only need to put up with it. If the refrigerator not only makes a lot of noise, but also makes irregular rattling sounds, then the problem lies in another reason, which is quite solvable. First you will need to check if your refrigerator is close to a wall or furniture. In addition, the vibration of the device can usually occur due to nearby objects. Make sure the refrigerator is installed correctly. If necessary, adjust the legs.
As for the camera, inside the camera you need to put things in order. If the refrigerator began to buzz very loudly and the sound of rattling and ringing dishes is observed, then the explanation lies in the products that fit snugly against the walls. In particular, we are talking about glass jars and dishes with metal lids.
It is worth noting that before buying a new refrigeration unit, it is recommended to check it before turning it on so that the compressor pipes do not come into contact. Otherwise, there will be extra noise.
Why the refrigerator began to buzz loudly: causes of malfunction
- Bad shock absorbers. If earlier the new unit worked well, and then it began to make noise, you need to look at the compressor shock absorbers. If they are not firmly fixed, secondary noise will occur. Therefore, there is nothing to be surprised that the unit began to rattle and “bounce”. Replace the faulty compressor shock absorbers with a new one and then the problem will be solved.
- Coolant. A household appliance using refrigerant may start to make a lot of noise due to the gas circulating in the tubes with frantic movement. There is nothing wrong here, it’s normal. I’ll have to get used to the humming of the refrigerator. See also: How to fill the refrigerator with freon at home.
- No Frost. Unit chambers equipped with No Frost may encounter noise generated by the rotation of the installed fan. If the device suddenly began to buzz strongly during operation, then this is due to ice that has frozen near the blades. Here, the salvation will be the complete defrosting of the refrigerator, which will take at least 10 hours.
Noisy new fridge
According to GOST standards, the permissible noise level of a refrigerator is up to 55 dB and this is an average sound. However, if you look at the attached manufacturer’s instructions, most of the latest batches have it around 40 dB.
Note that when choosing a technique, you need to pay attention to the label on the front side of the device. You will see the energy consumption class, the volumes of each chamber and the decibel reading. If you want a refrigerator that works almost silently, analyze the models and purchase the one that has the lowest noise readings.
And if, when choosing a quiet unit, it still emits a strong hum? We do the following:
- check the removal of the shipping bolts. They fix the springs where the compressor is fixed. If you do not pull out the bolts, then the refrigerator will rattle and make a loud noise.
- let the refrigerator sit for a while. Let it freeze a little — it will take a week for the device to return to normal functioning.
- third — check whether the device is installed correctly. Maybe there is contact with objects or nearby furniture? For normal operation, it is required to leave a space to the wall of about 5 cm.
- pay attention to the load of the refrigerator. By the way, this applies to new and old refrigeration units. It is quite possible that pots or jars are in contact with each other inside — this creates a ringing. Here you just need to correctly distribute the contents on the shelves.
- Have you noticed that the hum of the refrigerator is only at the beginning of the compressor operation? This is normal! At the beginning of the start-up, the motor needs a large starting current, which is why you hear the short-term growl of the refrigerator.
See also - The refrigerator does not turn off: why and what to do?
But if everything is perfect in your refrigerator and it has been working properly for more than one year, and there were no extraneous noises before, this indicates a problem. Therefore, he gives you such a signal that something is wrong with him.
Topical answers to the problem of refrigerator noise were considered. If you have not been able to fix the problem yourself, then you will need to contact a qualified specialist. Most likely the situation is in a serious breakdown of the compressor.
Some sounds, such as crackling with clicks, as well as increased buzzing when the device is turned on, are common and do not portend danger. Remember that when buying, you need to study the technical properties of the refrigerator — this way you will avoid noise.