At the end of the washing process for about three minutes, the door lock is removed, after which the owners get access to the washed items. However, sometimes it happens that the washing process is suddenly interrupted during the execution of one of the programs, the machine stops, but the door does not open. If the washing machine does not open three minutes after stopping, it is most likely defective. Trying to open the hatch by force can only hurt the situation. Below we will consider what to do in cases where it is impossible to unlock the car door.
Causes of failure
First of all, let’s find out the main reasons that can cause this situation.
These reasons include:
- The door is blocked due to the operation of the washing machine;
- hatch handle broke;
- the presence of water in the washing drum;
- failure of the intelligent module UBL;
- broken door lock.
Some of these problems can only be dealt with by a specialist, but there are also those that can be eliminated on your own. Let’s take a closer look at each specific case.See also - Siphon for a washing machine with a check valve: types, functions, installation
Breakage of the blocking device
The causes of breakdowns of the hatch blocking device (UBL) can be different. If you encounter such a problem, carefully study the operating instructions for the machine, where it is written what to do when the door is closed and there is no reaction to the signals of the intelligent module. Minor damage can be repaired by yourself.
- Quite often, the cause of the malfunction is interruptions in the signal supply. Sometimes the hatch door does not open if the machine is completely de-energized.
- How to open the washing machine if the handle is broken or the hatch just does not open? You can try to unlock the hatch door manually using a special cable. To do this, you need to get to the drain filter, remove its cover and find the emergency release cable. It is usually quite easy to find, as it is colored orange. If you pull the cable, then the hatch should be unlocked.
- If the model of your machine does not provide for the presence of such a cable, then you will need to find the UBL lock and turn it off yourself. In order to do this, you need to open the top cover and slightly tilt the machine back. Then the drum will also move back, and you can get to the latch to turn it off.
Replacing the locking device
Those owners who have the skills to repair home appliances can independently replace a failed UBL.
To do this, you must perform the following steps:
- Remove the fixing rim and release the right segment of the door cuff.
- Unscrew the two screws that secure the UBL and carefully remove it.
- Install a new UBL and, following the steps in reverse order, fix it.
It is very important to remember the order of disconnecting the wires from the UBL, so that when you connect a new device, you do not violate it. After the new UBL is installed and connected, the operation of the machine should be tested.
Presence of water in the drum
The hatch door may not open even if water remains in the drum. This is a pretty serious breakdown. The reasons for this malfunction may be as follows:
- Failure of the control module;
- Damage to the water control sensor;
- The formation of blockage in the drain system;
- Failure of the pump (pump).
You should not try to fix the above malfunctions on your own, as incorrect actions can further aggravate the problem.
The door does not open due to the operation of the machine
This case is the simplest. Each model of washing machines has its own time during which the door lock is removed after stopping. Some machines do this immediately at the end of the program, others pause for up to 5 minutes. Quite often, impatient owners begin to pull the door handle even before the system releases the lock. Sometimes this leads to breakage of the hatch handle. To avoid such a mistake, carefully study the operating instructions for your model of the machine, which indicates exactly when the lock is released.
Hatch handle broken
The cause of this malfunction can be both the excessive efforts of the owners of the washing machine when opening the still blocked hatch, and the physical wear of the parts. The repair sequence in this case will be as follows:
- Remove the machine door from the hinges;
- Unscrew the screws that connect the rim of the cover, then carefully disassemble the door;
- Examine the handle mechanism that is on one of the rims. It is important to make sure that the latch is working properly. This should not cause any difficulties, since the lock mechanism is quite simple. After you understand the principle of operation of the lock, it will not be difficult to troubleshoot;
- Reverse the door assembly procedure and check how it works.
The above recommendations will tell the owner what to do in a situation where the machine door does not open. However, if even after the manipulations the hatch door still does not open, it is better to seek help from a qualified specialist.