Any modern family without fail has a washing machine. Modern children are simply not able to imagine that things can be washed in some other way, After all, they have never seen this, and no one needs it anymore. Washing machines free up a large amount of time, we are so used to it that when the machine breaks down, it looks like a disaster. What to do if the drum in the washing machine does not spin? The question is rhetorical — you need to find the reason why it does not rotate, and eliminate it.
Faults of the first type
The first step is to disconnect the washing machine from the electrical network and check with your hands whether the drum is rotating.
- If the drum spins in both directions, then the reason is in the belt of the washing machine. If in such cases the drum does not rotate when the engine is running, then the belt is between the drum and the pulley. Or the belt has wound around the pulley, blocked the drum, and therefore it does not rotate. To eliminate this cause of the malfunction, you need to remove the back wall of the washing machine and install the belt in place. If it is very weak and shabby, it is better to replace it with a new one, only when buying, be sure to pay attention to the markings. It should be the same as on the old belt. The marking indicates the number of wedges and the length of the belt.
- The brushes of the electric motor are simply worn out, which shorten during operation and lose contact with the collector. As a result, the electromagnetic field is not created and it is not enough to rotate the rotor. In this case, you can not hear the operation of the engine in the operating mode. The elimination of this breakdown is to replace the brushes in the washing machine.
- A short circuit occurred inside the machine, and the current stopped flowing to the motor. Only a competent electrician diagnostics can find a specific place.
- The tacho sensor is faulty, which is responsible for the number of revolutions of the washing machine during the spin cycle. In this case, the drum stops only during the spin cycle, and during washing it spins normally. This breakdown requires the intervention of specialists.
- The programmer is broken. The engine stopped starting when the washing machine was turned on. Correction of a breakdown is possible only by a specialist, since a flashing or replacement of the electronic module is needed.
- A common type of malfunction is that the drum is spinning, but weakly. Most likely, the belt has stopped turning, because. stretched from old age. You can replace it yourself.
See also: Why does the belt flies on the washing machine?
Faults of the second type
The drum in the washing machine does not rotate at all, it is jammed, and it does not rotate even by hand when the motor is turned off.
- Something stuck between the tub and the drum, such as a coin, a button, a carnation, or any other small item that could go through the hole in the drum or the rubber cuff of the sunroof. You can try to pull this object yourself through the hole for the heating element.
- Another reason due to which the washing machine draws water but does not turn the drum is a blown heating element. Sometimes it explodes and blocks the entire unit with debris, the drum does not spin in the washing machine due to a mechanical obstacle. You can independently remove these debris and install a new heating element.
- Also, the reason why the washing machine buzzes but does not spin the drum can be a jammed bearing. In this case, on the eve of the complete stop of the drum, the grinding of metal is clearly audible during the operation of the machine. As soon as you hear these sounds, you need to immediately change the bearing along with the oil seal. If it shatters, it can do a lot of trouble. You can replace the bearings in the washing machine yourself, but it is better to entrust this to a specialist.
- The capacitor broke, they were installed in old models near the engine. In this case, the engine is serviceable, but does not start. You just need to change the capacitor.
- The washing machine motor broke down, either due to a leak, or due to a power surge. In this case, the drum is easily scrolled by hand, but when the washing machine is turned on, the automatic switches are triggered.
See also - The dishwasher does not heat water: what to do
How to disassemble a washing machine
They begin to disassemble the washing machine from the top cover and front panel, each washing machine has its own approach. On all machines, the mounting screws are hidden quite cleverly, you still need to find them. It is better not to touch the hatch of the machine, especially since a door slam sensor with electrical wires is installed under it. To remove the cuff, you need to bend its edge and remove the wire ring from the spring. Then take out the tray. Then you can safely remove the front panel.
- It is necessary to remove all clamps and rubber from the hose suitable for the tray, through which the powder is fed into the tank.
- If circumstances force you, you can remove the door, but it is better not to do this.
- The front panel must be pulled out carefully so as not to break the thin wiring of the slam sensor.
- At the next step, you need to disconnect the pressure switch hose from the tank, it resembles a large tablet with a large number of outgoing contacts, which is located on top of the body. This is a water level sensor.
- Disconnect the drain drain located in the lower right corner. It looks like a black corrugated hose, sometimes white.
- Now you can remove the engine, having previously thrown off the belt from it. To do this, you need to insert a finger under the pulley and start rotating, the belt will be thrown off without problems.
- Then the electrical plug and ground are disconnected from the engine, after which the bolts can be unscrewed. In most cases, the engine must be moved backwards or forwards. At the same time, you need to make sure that it does not fall off and break.
- Take a camera and take a picture of the suitable electrical wiring of the heating element, so that later you can correctly return everything to its place and not confuse anything. After such a safety net, it can be removed.
- Now the most difficult stage — you need to remove the screws that hold the balancing stones. These screws are massive, with large hats.
- Next, you need to carefully remove the springs, starting from the bottom, after which the tank can already be removed.
What’s next? And then you need to disassemble the tank into 2 halves, for which you just have to break the plastic fasteners and get rid of the silicone gasket around the entire perimeter. When the pulley, axle and all components of the drum are removed, you can get to the bearings. The front bearing is usually much larger than the rear. Accordingly, when replacing this must be taken into account. After replacing the bearings, you need to assemble the machine in the reverse order.