It’s no secret that the kitchen is the most important room in the entire home. The hostess spends most of her day in this room. The order and comfort in the room largely depends on the chosen furniture. A chest of drawers for the kitchen has great functionality, it is here that all household appliances, cutlery and crockery are stored.
Purpose and features of chests of drawers:
- Storage of things and kitchen utensils
- Gives an aesthetic look to the room
- How part of the design complements the surrounding furniture
- Storage of food and dry mixes
- Is a safe place for small household appliances
When choosing a cabinet, you should take into account many factors, such as the interior of the apartment, the way it is used and personal preferences. You can purchase ready-made furniture from a wide range of goods presented in stores or make your own.
Variety of models
A chest of drawers for the kitchen is an indispensable piece of furniture for any hostess who runs a household, loves to cook and keep all the necessary accessories clean and tidy. Over the past centuries, the functionality of furniture has not changed, but a huge variety of models and shapes has appeared. You can install the cabinet both on the floor and hang it on the wall.
Types of models of chests of drawers for the kitchen:
- With drawers
- With hinged doors
- With open shelves
- Showcase chest of drawers
Hanging cabinets are ideal for a family with children, where it is convenient to store bottles, cutlery and other utensils dangerous for kids at a distance.
Options built into the corner of the room allow you to save space and occupy an empty corner of the room. The showcase is suitable for a large room if it is necessary to store antique dishes and use it as the main element of the room’s decor.
This is only a small part of the various models of kitchen furniture. Depending on the design, the wardrobe can be chosen in high-tech, modern, minimalist or country style.
The difference between models by material
Also, it is important to choose the right material for the manufacture of a chest of drawers, depending on its purpose and interior design of the room.
Models of chests of drawers for the kitchen, depending on the material:
- Items from MDF and chipboard
- Wooden crafts
- Cabinets with glass doors or shelves
Wooden furniture is considered the most popular due to its hypoallergenicity, safety, noble appearance and reliability. Chipboard and MDF products are also popular due to their low cost and universal combination with any room design. Metal cabinets can be used as a coaster and are durable compared to wooden models.
How to choose a chest of drawers for the kitchen
The choice of chest of drawers for the kitchen should be approached not only in terms of aesthetic appearance, but also its functionality. Therefore, when purchasing a closet, or doing it yourself, you need to know its location, method of appointment and what things you plan to store in it.
Criteria for choosing a cabinet for the kitchen:
- The surface of the chest of drawers should be smooth, without roughness and abrasions.
- Possibility to install closers on sliding drawers
- The installation location also plays an important role.
- Number of drawers and overall product functionality
- Compatibility with the rest of the furniture of the room and the interior as a whole
- Ease of use and ease of cleaning
Choosing a chest of drawers is not difficult if you have a general idea of the style of the room’s design and the necessary functional load on the locker. The main thing when choosing a cabinet is to check its components for defects, appearance for defects and the reliability of sliding mechanisms and components.
Make a chest of drawers with your own hands
Making furniture with your own hands is not only interesting, but also profitable in terms of saving the budget. For example, an object made of MDF or chipboard in a store will be 2–3 times more expensive, and it is much easier to make it yourself, painting it in the color necessary for the design of the room.
How to make a chest of drawers from chipboard with your own hands:
- We cut out the chipboard based on the measurement of the installation site and make a frame of two long parts, two side and two doors.
- In the middle we fasten one or two shelves, depending on the size of the box, before that we lubricated the shelves with glue and sanded with sandpaper.
- Using fasteners, we fasten the doors and grind the resulting product.
- Painting with furniture varnish to match the color of the material of the product or paint to match the interior of the room.
Operation of a chest of drawers for the kitchen
In order to provide kitchen furniture with a long and happy life, it is necessary to adhere to some rules for the operation of the product.
How to care for your kitchen cabinet:
- Daily wet cleaning.
- Regularly check the mechanisms for operability.
- Do not load drawers and shelves.
- When cleaning, use only products recommended for the furniture material and do not use metal sponges and brushes.
- For items made of natural wood, cleaning should be done with a damp cloth, then wipe dry.
- For metal products, purchase cleaning products with an anti-corrosion effect.