The kitchen is the place where the family most often gathers. And for every housewife, the interior of the kitchen is important. It is also important to arrange everything as needed and adjust to the interior plan. An ideal alternative to chairs and stools can be a competent choice of a kitchen bench. Now this piece of furniture has acquired a new improved look, and has also become more functional and it is worth seriously thinking about decorating the dining area with it.
But the choice of a bench for the kitchen must be approached with all responsibility. Perhaps you want your model to be made of natural material or used to store the necessary things? Do not worry! In any case, you will find something for yourself. Let’s find out what you have to rely on when choosing a kitchen bench:
- The size of the kitchen is the most important criterion, which, in no case, can not be neglected. For a small one, it is better to choose a compact or folding model, for an elongated one — a straight one.
- Opt for functionality. An excellent solution would be a bench with drawers.
- Upholstery — There are many variations of upholstery. Perhaps you want to be the owner of soft upholstery or, on the contrary, hard — pay attention to this. It is best to prefer a model with a leatherette seat.
- Seat filler — polyurethane foam or foam rubber. High-quality material instantly returns to its original shape after being pressed and boasts good density.
- Room style — choose a bench that harmoniously fits into your kitchen.
These tips will help you out when purchasing a piece of furniture such as a bench. By choosing the right model, you will immediately modernize the look of your kitchen.
Ordinary stools or chairs near the dining table are not for you, but is the sofa too big to fit in the kitchen? In this case, a compact and functional bench will help you out. The current market provides a huge variety of models in configuration, design, dimensions.
The standard version of the bench body is made of wood. The most budget option is MDF and chipboard, but it is not so convenient. The current kitchen benches are made of metal or even plastic. In this situation, you should give the choice to the one that looks best in the kitchen.
Seat upholstery is also different:
- Textiles — the material must be reliable and cope well with moisture. Synthetic fabrics are an excellent solution, which do not absorb water and odors so much.
- Leather — natural or artificial. It is safer to give preference to the second. This material is durable, strong, easily cleaned with detergents, easily resists moisture.
Upholstery, just like the base, should be chosen not only from the views of reliability and practicality. Always take into account the style of the kitchen.
What are the benches for the kitchen
The material of manufacture can be very diverse. Metal, wood of various tree species are used, and in some situations all materials can be combined into one bench. Most often, people prefer wood products with a soft seat and back. They fit perfectly into any interior and thanks to this they are now at the peak of popularity. And no matter what area your kitchen has, today you can find a craftsman who will make almost any furniture, including a bench, to order with his own hands.
- Ordinary, wooden, straight benches. Often benches of this type are used in the design of a rustic style. Not equipped with backs, made entirely of wood.
- Benches with backs. Most often they have soft upholstery and are sold together with a table and chairs.
- Benches are corner. They make it possible to place the dining area in the corner of the room.
- Segmented angular or semicircular. The entire surface is made of textile. And the main feature is that they practically do not have external elements made of wood.
- Corner benches with a place to sleep. Equipped with a folding mechanism, with which you can easily increase the number of beds in your home. Able to withstand increased loads.
- Functional benches. A bench with drawers is a great way out of the constant lack of space to keep things. Storage boxes come in both small and large.
- Mini benches. They have a fairly minimalistic size, designed for small-sized kitchen spaces.
As a result, it became clear that the kitchen bench is far from a forgotten element of the interior, it has not gone out of fashion, but on the contrary, it has received a new life in the design of modern premises. Before choosing, carefully read all the pros and cons, evaluate the style of your kitchen, decide on the dimensions. If you take into account all the rules, then the choice will be absolutely correct.