The modern kitchen is a multifunctional room, which additionally serves as a dining room, sometimes a living room. In it, not only cook food, but also communicate with relatives and friends, have conversations. Because the design of the kitchen is more complicated than any other room.
The interior of the kitchen in the house has its own characteristics. The room can be spacious or small, have an irregular shape, be located in the attic. It contains all the engineering communications available in the house, sometimes a stove for heating.
Layout for a spacious kitchen of a private household
The kitchen in a private house is most often spacious, and this gives the designer more freedom in its design. But in an effort to embody the original ideas of modern design in a private house, one should not forget about the functionality, ergonomics and practicality of the room. It is divided into functional zones, taking into account the points of supply of engineering networks.
Advantages of spacious kitchens:
- a large number of windows provide excellent illumination;
- it is possible to implement any, including non-standard, arrangement of work areas by connecting communications to the right place;
- it is possible to install a fireplace.
This season, among the new kitchens, beautiful interiors for a kitchen-studio are relevant, striking in a variety of styles and layouts.
Convenient and easy to plan and decorate a square kitchen. First, determine where the work area will be located. After that, design further interior design:
- place the working area in one line or at an angle, depending on where the window is located;
- in a large kitchen, it is more convenient to place the workspace with an island in the middle of the room;
- the dining area can be placed in the center of a spacious kitchen;
- in an irregularly shaped kitchen with a panoramic or bay window, move the dining table to the window, and install a kitchen set with built-in furniture along both opposite walls.
A narrow kitchen is often found in private homes. It can not be cluttered with furniture, it gives the room a resemblance to a pantry. Keep a balance of decor and decoration. To leave more free space, carefully consider the furnishing of the room:
- use compact, but at the same time functional furniture;
- reduce the depth of cabinets;
- refuse to use mezzanines hanging over your head.
A solid worktop on the work surface creates a harmonious and holistic image, visually expands the room. For the same effect, use glass panels with panoramic photos of the city or nature as a backsplash.
It is advisable to place the dining area in a long narrow kitchen near a shorter wall. Some of the chairs can be replaced with a soft corner or a mini-sofa.
A convenient and functional element for a narrow kitchen is a bar that separates the guest area. It can be used instead of a bulky dining table, freeing up space for upholstered furniture, a TV and a coffee table.
A small kitchen can be expanded by combining with other rooms. The studio allows you to connect the functional areas of the dining room, living room with a working area and a bar counter. Zoning of the premises is carried out using the following methods:
- The use of various screens, partitions, sliding structures that delimit the recreation area and workspace. Partitions made of frosted glass, wood, fabric are popular.
- Creation of a multi-level floor, emphasizing the division of the room into zones.
- The use of contrasting colors or different styles in the design to highlight the kitchen, dining room, living room. For example, classic and modern, Provence and Rococo are harmoniously combined.
- Installation of furniture by islands and peninsulas on the line of demarcation.
Styles and directions
When planning a spacious kitchen, it should be taken into account that the individuality of the studio in a private house should not contradict the general style of the home. The design of the kitchen-studio should take into account the tastes and hobbies of the owners, harmoniously combine with neighboring rooms, meet such requirements as functionality, convenience, and comfort. Of the many styles of interior design, the most common are:
- Classic is the most sought-after trend in interior design with simple, restrained lines and color schemes that do not irritate the eyes. The use of expensive natural materials and carefully selected details, reliable performance, well-thought-out functionality allow it to be used without changes for a long time.
- Modern reflects the dynamism of the modern pace of life. The characteristic absence of strict lines and the craving for asymmetry are combined with functionality and rationality. The style is characterized by the use of glass, plastic, metal, bright colors, various forms.
- Hi-tech — dominated by glass and metal, the ideas of constructivism, high technology, the style is distinguished by clear lines, correct proportions.
- Minimalism — straight lines, the absence of unnecessary details, decorations, monochrome color shades. An indispensable condition is the use of a large number of lighting points that create an abundance of light, which allows you to visually expand the space.
- Provence uses elegant wooden furniture, an abundance of indoor plants, weightless textiles with floral prints and embroidery, porcelain and clay decor. The style is elegant and sophisticated.
- Country — rustic style, appropriate in country-style houses. The use of natural materials and warm shades reminds of the classics. Furniture with an artificial worn effect, yellow metal handles gives the interior originality and flavor of antiquity. The presence in the decoration of the kitchen of linen curtains trimmed with lace, tablecloths, towels, pottery, figurines is obligatory.
Features of the kitchen in a private house
In private houses, non-standard rooms are often assigned to kitchens: semi-basement, walk-through rooms, attics. Their design requires extraordinary, individual solutions, interesting ideas. Many factors have to be taken into account: lighting, the possibility of laying heating, ventilation systems and other engineering communications.
The current color palette for the kitchen of a private house
There are no special color restrictions for decorating spacious rooms. But some of the nuances should be taken into account. The selection of a color palette depends on the taste preferences of the owner, the chosen interior style, the design of adjacent rooms, and the illumination of the room. It is acceptable to design spacious kitchens in bright colors.
Demanded this season is white, used in both classic and modern interiors. Stop the choice on the kitchen facades of light shades, if you are going to hang the upper tier of cabinets from the ceiling.
Kitchens made in gray, green, lemon yellow, red, purple and pink colors look stylish and original. Do not be afraid to use contrasting combinations, for example, beige with chocolate, various shades of brown, black.
A bright contrasting color will help to raise the degree of uniqueness of a neutrally designed interior: a kitchen island, chairs in the dining area, a bar counter, sideboard, part of the wall, cabinets and shelves.
Natural wood in the design of the kitchen of a private house
Wood creates a warm, comfortable atmosphere and cozy design in the room, which is especially important for the kitchen, which is a family gathering place. An excellent design solution is the use of several types of wood in one room. Harmoniously combined with each other, they unite the kitchen work area, living room and dining room within a single space.
You should not be afraid of an excess of wood in the design of the kitchen. Floor coverings, wooden furniture, countertops on the kitchen island create a unique environment close to nature. The use of wood as part of a modern style adds warmth and homeliness to the interior.
Wooden beams on the ceiling of a modern kitchen — a symbol of country life
Wooden ceiling beams and rafters help to bring an element of creativity and expressiveness into the design of a country house. Designers often use them in modern interiors, Scandinavian, Mediterranean styles. For Provence and country, this is a traditional attribute.
Wooden beams in the design of the ceiling allow you to visually lower its level and create a more comfortable space for perception.
Ceilings used in the construction of a house can be used as a decorative element that creates an atmosphere of rural life. For their harmonious combination with the general image of the room, choose wood shades in the decoration of furniture, flooring, furnishings.
Snow-white kitchen in a country house — a modern trend
White color in the interior continues to be in demand. It visually expands the space, fills it with light, suitable for decorating a room in any style. White kitchens do not irritate the eye, they are elegant and lively, they are the backdrop for modern technology and original decor and decorations.
Bright accents will help to revive a monochromatic kitchen: colored dishes, curtains, tablecloths, ceiling lamps. You can balance a large number of light shades in the interior with dark brown flooring, decorative elements, and black countertops.
Bar stools around the kitchen island for rustic style
The island is a multifunctional useful element in the arrangement of the kitchen in a country house. Place a storage system on it, organize a working or dining area. Bar stools next to the island perform a practical and decorative function. They will be needed when using a bar counter instead of a dining table or for zoning space. If the kitchen is made in restrained colors, bar stools of bright juicy color will help to revive the interior.
A variety of models of bar stools makes it possible to harmoniously fit them into any design solution. They can be plastic, wooden, wicker, metal.
Zoning space in the kitchen-studio
The kitchen-studio is in demand both in apartments and in private housing construction. Even a small kitchenette, combined with a living room, hallway or dining room, does not look cramped. In the resulting open space there is a lot of air and light.
Zoning with furniture
A well-thought-out layout of the kitchen-studio allows you to perceive it as a single room, despite the presence of zones with different functional purposes. Their design requires scrupulousness in the selection of colors and shades, furniture, building materials.
To distinguish between functional areas, multi-level ceilings and floors are used. For example, a kitchen with a dining area can be placed on the podium, in which the underfloor heating system, pipes and other utilities will be hidden.
You can draw a visual boundary between functional areas with the help of furniture: a kitchen island, a beautiful dining table, a bar counter, and upholstered furniture.
Which set to choose for a studio apartment
In the kitchen-studio, all types of kitchen sets organically look: straight, U‑shaped, corner. They must meet the requirements:
- create a functional and comfortable work area;
- zone the room;
- leave free space for a dining area.
The choice of material for the kitchen set depends on the style of the interior. The classic involves the use of wood, countertops made of natural or artificial stone. Modern prefers plastic, iron structures.
If the area allows, the kitchen area is separated by a large beautiful table or a multifunctional island with a built-in hob. With a shortage of space, use a narrow bar counter or work surface.
Interior partitions, shelving or false walls to partially divide the space
Correctly delimit the space, thoughtfully and rationally manage the usable area, make the overly spacious kitchen-studio more comfortable with interior partitions.
The selection of one or another type of partitions depends on the size of the room, its functional direction, and the general style.
When zoning a small kitchen-studio with low ceilings, it is advisable to use shelving partitions. They are simple, versatile, functional. The through structure of the rack allows it to be used on both sides. There are designs stationary, modular, on wheels, in the form of arches, decorated with curved lines and zigzags.
The most common type of kitchen zoning is false walls and their combinations. Most often they are made of drywall, which allows you to make designs:
- openwork or curly;
- with niches for TV, aquarium, boxes for things;
- in the form of a ladder;
- with inserts of various materials.
Lighting fixtures as an element of zoning
Each functional area of the studio needs its own local lighting. The kitchen work area needs a high level of illumination, the living room needs diffused soft light created by floor and wall lamps, and hanging chandeliers are appropriate above the dining table.
To illuminate the entire room, designers advise using bright lamps built into the ceiling.
Organization of the kitchen space in a small room
If the kitchen is small and has additional functions (boiler room, hallway, etc.), careful consideration of every detail is necessary.
Depending on the width of a small kitchen in a private house, furniture is placed U- or L‑shaped. The location of the working area near the window allows you to expand its area due to the window sill, to minimize the use of artificial lighting.
If you use narrower cabinets and cabinets, you can win some free space to move around. In cabinets, instead of swing doors, sliding modules are used.
To visually expand the space, opt for a neutral or monochrome light color scheme.