Wooden chairs for the kitchen have been deservedly the best purchase for the dining area for many years. Price, design and upholstery options form a variety of models and allow you to choose furniture suitable for interiors in different styles.
Advantages of wooden chairs — classic is always in fashion
Thinking about choosing a high-quality and comfortable set for eating in the kitchen, many people imagine a large dining table with comfortable wooden chairs.
Traditional wooden furniture is high-status, environmentally friendly and lasts for many years.
How to choose a wooden chair
Choosing from a variety of models of wooden chairs, you need to answer a few questions:
- Does the furniture match the style of the kitchen?
- How does it compare with the size of the room? In a large kitchen or a dedicated dining area, massive dining groups are appropriate; for a small room, it is better to purchase light stationary or folding wooden chairs.
- What kind of flooring is used? If there is a risk of damage to the coating when moving furniture, it is better to choose models with special inconspicuous stickers on the legs.
- Is there a possibility of water and splashes on the furniture during cooking? In such an area, it is better to install practical furniture in soft colors with washable upholstery.
The design of wooden chairs is based on several harmoniously interconnected elements:
|Seat.||In the classic version, the wooden chair has a hard seat, in the modern version, soft upholstery is allowed.|
|Back.||There can be many options for the backrest — depending on the relative position of the upper and lower horizontal lintels and vertical slats. Kitchen chairs with a wooden back look different, because the shape of the back can be straight, slightly curved — anatomical, figured, inclined, etc.|
|Legs.||The front and rear legs set the height at which the chair should be comfortable to sit on. The shape and support characteristics of the rear legs are responsible for the stability of the entire structure.|
|Tsargi.||Tsargi — connecting crossbars under the seat. There are front, rear and side.|
The highest quality is considered natural wood — solid wood. This is a solid and eco-friendly material with a beautiful, pronounced texture.
Now chairs are often made from solid birch, pine, oak, eucalyptus, hevea. Models from the massif of a beech differ in high quality. This valuable hardwood is very aesthetic, durable and strong.
A more affordable wood option is veneer. The veneer is also made from natural wood, but it is much thinner than solid wood, so it needs to be glued. Veneer products combine cost-effectiveness and long service life.
There is a combined material of the chair frame — the array is covered with veneer made of wood of the same species, such as birch. For greater practicality and durability, the tree is covered with paint, enamel, stain or varnish.
Style and design
Wooden chairs are the smartest choice for a classic or neoclassical room.
It would be appropriate to look at light, elegant wooden furniture in the interior of Scandinavian and retro style, as well as Provence and minimalism styles.
Massive simple models are suitable for country-style interiors.
Among the modern design solutions are bar stools that go well with a kitchen island or bar counter in a modern kitchen. Fashionable and durable models have a combined frame material consisting of wood and metal.
Upholstery and filler
The upholstery of wooden chairs can be from the following materials:
- textiles — velor, tapestry, jacquard, microfiber, matting, chenille, etc.;
- faux leather and suede.
Modern upholstery of kitchen furniture is durable, does not stretch, is waterproof, wear-resistant, easy to clean.
Even textile upholstery should not become an obstacle to purchase — due to polymer spraying or special fabric treatment, it does not lose its appearance after cleaning.
The seat and back of the dining chair can be upholstered for added comfort.
The filler for this kitchen furniture can be both synthetic materials — sheet foam rubber, synthetic winterizer, batting, latex — and natural materials: algae, horsehair, coconut fiber.
How to take care of wood furniture
Wooden furniture is unpretentious in care, but does not tolerate excessive moisture.
- The backs and legs should be wiped with a slightly damp soft cloth, and then dried with a dry cloth.
- Unvarnished wood can only be cleaned with a dry soft cloth.
- Lacquer surfaces can be treated with industrial polishes.
- Scratches can be removed by polishing with a cloth, as well as using mastic and furniture wax.
- Hard-to-remove whitish spots remain on wooden furniture if you put a mug of hot drink on it without a special stand. Such stains are removed with a mixture of alcohol and vegetable oil in a ratio of 1: 1, and then wiped with a dry cloth.
- Genuine and artificial leather upholstery can be cleaned with detergent and water.
- If furniture with fabric seat upholstery is chosen for the kitchen, it would be better to use special removable covers that can be dry-cleaned or washed.
Kitchen chairs made of wood will please the owners for a long time with their durability, strength and appearance, if you follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for the operation and care of the furniture.